Portland subchannels/Diginets

This topic contains 110 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  mwdxer1 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author

washnotore
    Participant

KEVE-LD 36.2 channel is gone. It was broadcasting Better Life Health Channel. Still nothing on KEVE displancement channel.

washnotore
    Participant

Oops my bust, KEVE-LD 36.2 channel is still there. Sometimes my PSIP information comes and goes.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

KUNP changed frequency a couple days ago.

washnotore
    Participant

There are a few diginets that are currently being dualcasting.

Young Millennials Programming

TBD -32.4 KRCW-TV and 47.2 KUNP-LD

Youtoo America
    17.1 KWVT-LD and 41.1 KOXO-CD

The old standard shopping fare
    QVC – 3.1 KVDO-LD and 22.5 KPXG-TV

msndrspdx
    Participant

Comcast doesn’t carry TBD…yet.

Comcast uses KWVT as their source for YouToo Network fare. KOXO, as far as I know, hasn’t requested Comcast rebroadcast yet. Worth noting that KWVT usually runs college football games, syndicated, in the fall, pre-emoting YouToo programs on Saturday mornings / afternoons. Could KOXO make a case for carriage as a backup for YouToo?

Comcast runs QVC off the network rather than from over the air so that registered subscribers can order stuff using their remotes. The tech, I understand, doesn’t work on over the air signals.

It’ll be interesting to see who gets MyTV after the agreement with KPDX expires. My guess would be KGW/KGWZ or KRCW, but there’s KOXO just out of the box. Maybe KWVT? And still several other subchannel networks that haven’t had a chance in Portland yet. After the repack action settles down, I’d expect some things to happen.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

There’s been discussion of KGWZ-LD on a couple of threads, specifically what the programming was when it was on the air. Believe it or not I took a picture of it late last year:

KGWZ-LD Screenshot

(I know not everybody likes Imgur, but hey it’s free. Also, darn, it won’t let me hotlink it. 🙁 )

Jbpdx
    Participant

Buzzr is now carried online on Pluto.tv

mwdxer1
    Participant

I have a Roku and the Pluto app is on there as well as The Comet. Pluto also has Stadium for sports fans. I wish they would get Charge!. That channel steams, no no app on the Roku or Fire Stick.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Master, just a note. Your link to your KGWZ image is now dead. It appears to have expired.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Actually, it was taken down shortly after I uploaded it (and after I could edit the post here). Probably triggered a copyright filter.

Jbpdx
    Participant

KOXO 41.1-41.4 is broadcasting a weather map, stats. Maybe some diginets coming?

LinleyG
    Participant

KOXO’s weather maps are all identical and all are in a 480i low resolution format. No sound track at all. Not really usable.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Is there a network ID on KOXO’s weather graphic? And is there a station ID as well? Are they simulcasting KWVT and it’s sister stations, too? Might be interesting to see a few minutes of video. With Christmas just around the corner, I’m wondering if anything will change once the new year arrives.

LinleyG
    Participant

Oops, KOXO has changed yet again. Last night about 10, I observed a fixed image (no sound) of Jane Doe’s Medicare card with the number of a brace (i.e. for people) company below. I assume a stalled commercial. On the hour, they ran a station ID as a moving text message across the bottom of the screen giving the call letters of all of WatchTV’s local (i.e. Portland) stations.

Tonight However, all the 41.X virtual channels are running identical YouToo programing with terrible lip-sync. The sound seems to be out of sync with (leading I think) the picture by several (i.e. 2 or 3) seconds. The picture is in a very soft 480i format with something wrong with the light/dark rendition; it’s unnatural. With the lip sync so bad, it’s nearly unwatchable.

msndrspdx
    Participant

The listing on RabbitEars has been updated to reflect the YouToo quadcast. The new listing, however, provides some interesting info. VC=virtual channel; RF=actual channel; Calls=call signs assigned to each stream, according to RabbitEars.

VC | RF | Calls
    41.1 15.257 KOXO
    ^42.2 15.513 KOXI
    ^42.3 15.769 KORK
    ^42.4 15.1035 KORS

^LIsted as originating from KOXI.

Notice that KKEI isn’t listed. This leads me to believe that KOXO will eventually split the signal into four virtual channels: KOXO 41, KOXI 20, KORK 35, KORS 16 and possibly KKEI 38 operating on a separate tower. KORS currently is off air and is still listed with that long incorrect listing for Mi Casa Network. I think KORS will wind up being the experimental ATSC 3.0 station. Except for KOXO, all the others are off air but are listed with RF arrangements similar to KOXO’s. Oddball RF channels are used in NYC and LA to allow two separate stations with the same virtual channels to operate with different RF’s. It’s also occurred to me that KOXO should give the folks at KWVT a call to help them with their YouToo network reception.

And while they’re at it, KOXO and KWVT should sit down to work out how to deal with two stations carrying the same service. One could carry the Western feed, while the other could carry the Eastern feed.

Also worth noting: Court TV is aiming at a return in May 2019 as a digital subchannel. Stations in Phoenix, Tucson and Indy have announced carriage deals and have already set aside subchannels for it. CBN News, a spin-off of the old CBN Family Channel, is starting to turn up in a few places. I’d assume we might be hearing about new carriage deals in the next few days after the turn of the year. Speaking of that, happy new year, everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.