Portland subchannels/Diginets

This topic contains 110 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  mwdxer1 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

uodafed?

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

And floorgin’ sneezinhoopie.

Mairsy doats and doesy doats and little lambsy divey.
    A kiddley divey too. Wouldn’t you?

msndrspdx
    Participant

Meant to say “updated.” Fingers sometimes slip on this onscreen keyboard on my iPad. Sometimes autocorrect catches such things, sometimes not. Whoops.

And thanks to Jr. Tech. It would be interesting to see their top of the hour ID – not just to see how they’re IDing themselves, but to see what network they have on air. YouToo America’s Sunday afternoon schedule has a lot of paid prigrams and infomercials on it. Many stations run old movies to cover for the infomercials. If they are running YouToo, I’m sure that would raise eyebrows at KWVT. Has anybody seen a Facebook page or website for Watch TV or any of the WTV stations? You’d think that getting on the air would be announced there. Or Instagram. Something.

jr_tech
    Participant

For several hours, when I have checked, they have been transmitting only one Medicare supplement insurance advertising slide, no id, no programming, no call letters.

jr_tech
    Participant

oops! duplicate.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  jr_tech.

semoochie
    Participant

“Meant to say “updated.” Fingers sometimes slip on this onscreen keyboard on my iPad. Sometimes autocorrect catches such things, sometimes not. Whoops.” I’m sorry. I wasn’t making fun of you. I just didn’t know what you meant.

Screamer
    Participant

Looks like KWVT is now broadcasting in HD. I’m guessing it is 720p.

Screamer
    Participant

It is HD over the air but still in SD on Comcast

msndrspdx
    Participant

Thanks, Semoochie. Apologies accepted. (It also helps to keep one’s fingernails trimmed!)

KPWC 37/(Comcast 317) is running in full HD on my new 32” screen. They’re still running Azteca.

KWVT 17 (Comcast 318) is running YouToo letterbox. Some of the ads (which sometimes are shown letterbox in full HD format) look like large postage stamp style images.

By contrast, Comcast is showing KNMT 24 (Comcast 20) in full HD. TBN, by the way, has dropped their shield logo from the bottom right hand corner of the screen and are now running their new rectangular TBN logo in the upper right.

And to show you how inconsistent Comcast is, they picked up Fox Sports 2 (FS2) a few weeks back, and they’re showing that letterbox, too, on Ch. 414. The channel, is of course, fed down the line in HD.

Jbpdx
    Participant

I’ve given up on any Portland TV station adding Movies! Network. I don’t think KGWZ will ever do anything but waste a channel showing the Portland skyline, and I doubt WatchTV will ever activate any of their stations. For classic/vintage movies, the new FilmStruck/Criterion app (on AppleTV, Roku etc.) is amazing. I’m watching much less OTA now.

washnotore
    Participant

I don’t know how long ago it was. A read somewhere KNMT and KPXG-TV/LP. Decided to share the same master control resources at KMNT building. Before that KPXG was in Downtown before moving north from Salem.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Could that be the first step toward a channel share agreement? TBN already has such agreements up and running in NYC and a couple of other places. The one in NYC is with a station in Edison, NJ, that carries SonLife in that area.

And also in NYC, WNBC begins a channel share agreement today with their sister Telemundo outlet there. Both stations have been advising over air viewers to rescan thru on air announcements and social media posts. Cozi TV has also posted advisories about this on their Facebook page because WNBC is their station there. Univision and sister UniMas also have a Channel share going in NYC as well. WNBC’s new setup also includes a new, more powerful transmitter from a new location.

washnotore
    Participant

Heads up for rabbit ears users. KOIN along with KATU. Have begun there 60 day notice to OTA viewers. About the upcoming repack channel change. The work should be done by June 1. Other stations affected by this work include KNMT, KRCW and KUNP

Jbpdx
    Participant

TBD has moved to 32.4, KCRW has added a subchannel. What will KUNP add on 47.2?

Jbpdx
    Participant

Also, was just scrolling thru channels and 8.5 popped up briefly.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.