Portland Public Schools Stop Choirs Performing At Grotto

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Portland Public Schools Stop Choirs Performing At Grotto

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Portland Public Schools Upholds Decision To Ban Choirs From Singing At The Grotto

http://www.kptv.com/story/30430689/portland-public-schools-denies-resolution-to-allow-choirs-to-sing-at-the-grotto

missing_kskd
    Participant

Well, they better replace that experience with a comparable one. The local mall really doesn’t compare.

It is experiences like the Grotto that make music and performing arts programs in general worth it. Some kids have that experience and end up really impacted in a positive way. That’s what the programs are for.

This squabble could have been resolved without diminishing the positives for the kids.

**And I’m about as secular as a person can get too.

Broadway
    Participant

Plenty of holiday choral talent in in the area, sadly now not as much heard from the children of Portland Public Schools…unwise.

skeptical
    Participant

This is now an easy decision for me to make: No widespread Christian condemnation of Creflo Dollar? Then no support for PPS choirs at the Grotto.

Broadway
    Participant

Bad theology if not near blasphemy Creflo for a statement like that…unwise.

paulwalker
    Participant

Are we really still talking about this, as in, why hasn’t PPS just said “we were wrong, and we will reverse the decision”. I guess that doesn’t happen much in Portland. Gutless. Reminds me of the Sea-Tac airport Christmas tree issue, so it is not just PDX.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.