Portland DJ Steve Pringle Dies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Brianl 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kingbk
    Participant

Steve Pringle, longtime Portland DJ at KINK and KGON, passed away this morning after a battle with stage 4 cancer. Pringle was known for his longtime radio program “Sunday Night Blues Room” that aired for many years on KINK before moving to KGON.

Tony Christopher
    Participant

I did 7PM-midnight at KUPL a few years ago, when Pringle was working down the hall as the midnight man at KKJZ. I never left the station without popping in for a chat, sometimes for a minute, sometimes several hours. Genuine dude. Gobs of passion and talent, and WOW! what pipes. Was walking across a street in NE PDX some time ago, totally random, there he was. Recognized each other immediately. “Pringle!” “Toneman!” Rest in peace, friend. A legendary talent. PDX radio is less vibrant without his voice.

semoochie
    Participant

chessyduck
    Participant

Brianl
    Participant

I just saw this and was floored. There were a lot of us that were lucky enough to have Steve teach us at MHCC. He’s not only extremely talented (with an incredible set of pipes), but he was truly one of the good human beings out there.

I last saw him 3-4 years ago at the airport. He’s had hundreds of people pass through his classes and it’s been many years since I was there, but he remembered me as if it was yesterday. Classy, classy man he was.

My condolences to his family, friends, and to everyone who’s lives he touched.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.