Pope Francis once again proves that he really gets it.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Pope Francis once again proves that he really gets it.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Why the Jewish kid has to constantly point out that Vern the bacon fat head doesn’t even understand Christ, Christianity and The Bible (anyone’s Bible) is beyond logic, but here is the reality about Jesus Of Nazareth according to just about everyone except bacon:

The Bible says that God the Father brought Jesus back from the dead. “Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father (Romans 6:4).

So your ongoing fairy tale about being a knowledgable Catholic takes another blow, Vern. You should stick to those things you know about . . . I forget what that is exactly . . . oh, right, absolutely nothing.

But wait, there’s more:

Paul, an apostle – sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead (Galatians 1:1).

There are two known direct references that include help from The Holy Spirit in resurrecting Jesus (one in Romans and one in Peter) and two references in John that Jesus had a hand in raising himself. However the overwhelming gist of the story that you believe (I don’t, I’m just a researcher) is false. The succinct and direct answer is that Jesus came back because of God, his father. Again, these are Christian beliefs, not my own. Everything from the crucifixion onward is largely a fantasy authored to build a church around Jesus, a rabbi who lived in difficult times and taught Jewish principles. There is no documented evidence and believing in the so called miracles of those times is not proof but rather conjecture.

bacon is a horrible person and hideous steward of his adopted faith which he constantly misrepresents, exaggerates and slants to fit his political agenda.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Jesus was trying to influence his own Jewish community. He broke many societal norms in doing so, i.e., talking to women in public, healing on the sabbath, having dinner with a known tax collector…

Jesus put himself at risk by being vulnerable to the most vulnerable, not to show weakness or strength but to show empathy and compassion. If you really want to know the heart of Jesus, thus God, Jesus’ parables are probably the best place.

The Resurrection has many theological and problematic storylines that continue to challenge me personally. Thus, I seek out those who minds are more in tuned with the language and context about the resurrection of Jesus.

Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.

–Jesus

“bacon is a horrible person and hideous steward of his adopted faith which he constantly misrepresents, exaggerates and slants to fit his political agenda.”

Nope, my religion trumps my politics, no pun intended.

And I know it will be hard for you to accept this, but you don’t know squat about it, even with your google searches.

But thanks at least for the demonstration of love and compassion. I appreciate the example and I’ll try to do as well or better (which shouldn’t be too hard).

“Jesus was trying to influence his own Jewish community. He broke many societal norms in doing so, i.e., talking to women in public, healing on the sabbath, having dinner with a known tax collector…”

Yes but he also restored sight to a man who had been blind since birth, cast out demons, walked on water, brought at least two people back to life who were dead, and many other things that could only be done by God.

Probably the greatest “miracle” and testimony to his deity was that he forgave sins.

skeptical
    Participant

Nope. You’re not getting in.

Vitalogy
    Participant

“Yes but he also restored sight to a man who had been blind since birth, cast out demons, walked on water, brought at least two people back to life who were dead, and many other things that could only be done by God. ”

LOL. You believe that shit?

Totally not possible in our world.

Broadway
    Participant

>>Totally not possible in our world.
    O ye of little faith.
    What part of the concept “supernatural” don’t you understand?
    but you gotta have faith!

Amus
    Participant

“but you gotta have faith!”

Actually you don’t.
    It’s optional.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“What part of the concept “supernatural” don’t you understand?”

Actually, you should be asking yourself that question. You advocate believing in only those ‘supernatural’ phenomenon that fit your ‘faith’ whereas your ilk of right wing fools reject fact based science when it conflicts with their interpretation of religious dogma.

You can’t have it both ways. There is no logical congruity in accepting biblical fantasies from parting of the Red Sea to snake oil performances where the sick are healed and then rejecting climate science.

It underscores just how fucked up you bible thumping luddites really are.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.