Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

After all the dick tugging is done with the pope’s visit, we now find out he spent his incredibly valuable time meeting with the piece of shit human being Kim Davis?

I have to say, I was lightly encouraged by his statements with his recent visit, but, his visit with Kim Davis pretty much tells us most of the crap the pope spewed was a bunch of bullshit.

A total and complete fraud wearing a gown that is no better to humanity than the average person.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

After all the dick tugging is done with the pope’s visit, we now find out he spent his incredibly valuable time meeting with the piece of shit human being Kim Davis?

Im neither Catholic nor religious in any way, but I like him and I have never like a Pope before. I watched him for hours on TV, and was facinated by his gental nature. He met Kim Davis because that’s what religious people do. He also met with killers in prison. So what?

chickenjuggler
    Participant

I was disappointed to hear about this meeting. I feel fooled.

chickenjuggler
    Participant

Listener Pete, reports are that the Pope encouraged Kim Davis to “stay strong” and gave indications that he supported her position. It’s a touchy topic for me to a degree that I feel justified in being bummed out that he gave her any more attention and subsequent feeling of validity. That goes directly against my priorities and have to now just chalk the Pope up to being another politician.

Langston
    Participant

The drama queen said she was changing party affiliation to Republican. Can we expect she will now become a Catholic?

edselehr
    Participant

It’s possible that the Pope’s handlers arranged the meeting, not fully understanding the political consequences of interceding in this issue. Plus, he is the Pope after all, so I’ll take the occasional fumble with the likes of Kim Davis if he keeps pushing the remainder of his kinder, gentler aganda.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The Pope’s handler’s most certainly know what’s going on. If they don’t, then why does anyone care about this really weird guy in a robe?

My take is that alot of the feel good stuff the Poop talked about was just that, talk. Meeting with Kim Davis tells me all I need to know about what’s going on.

skeptical
    Participant

Word is surfacing on the net that Pope Jesus was “ambushed” by Davis with help from “handlers”. Jesus was not a happy Poper after the meeting, reportedly. Stay tuned.

Brianl
    Participant

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-did-not-unconditional-support-clerk-gay-marriage-094806715.html

Pope Francis did not ask to meet a Kentucky county clerk who had been jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples and did not offer her unconditional support, the Vatican said on Friday.

Looking to limit controversy after last week’s meeting in Washington between the pope and Kim Davis, Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said she was one of “several dozen” people who had been invited by the Vatican ambassador to see Francis.

“The Pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects,” Lombardi said in a statement.

The meeting with Davis, which was originally kept secret, disappointed many liberal Catholics but delighted conservatives, who saw it as a sign that the pope was clearly condemning a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court to legalize same-sex marriage.

A senior Vatican official, who declined to be named, said there was a “sense of regret” within the Holy See over the encounter, which sparked widespread debate in the United States, overshadowing almost all other aspects of the pope’s visit.

He added that Davis had been in a line of people the pope had met at the Vatican embassy in Washington before he left for New York.

“The only real audience granted by the Pope at the Nunciature (Vatican embassy) was with one of his former students and his family,” the statement said.

Davis was jailed for five days in September for refusing to comply with a judge’s order to issue marriage licenses in line with the Supreme Court ruling.

Davis has said her beliefs as an Apostolic Christian prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Her church belongs to a Protestant movement known as Apostolic Pentecostalism.

Sounds like Mrs. Davis is embellishing on her encounter with the Pope? If so, she is even slimier than I initially thought, and she is dragging the Pope in with her.

Ugh.

missing_kskd
    Participant

He’s still a likable Pope.

This was red meat for those who need it to deal with the rest of the Pope’s mostly positive agenda.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

SNL gets it right regarding the Pope and Kim Davis:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/miley-cyrus-monologue/2916006

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.