Perhaps, the World is not Ready for Social Media

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Perhaps, the World is not Ready for Social Media

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

I have yet to hear of a Christian and/or pro-life teen being bullied online over his or her views to the point of suicide.

skeptical
    Participant

I was sure Broadway choked to death on one of his coughed up poop. I guess I was wrong. Sorry Jesus, your embarassment is still alive.

Brianl
    Participant

For all the angst against abortion that Broadway and F&B are putting up in here, their utter and total silence on the OP, and others who are being shamed to suicide because of their sexual orientation, is quite deafening and speaks volumes.

Where’s the outrage on the deaths of those already living?

And no, this isn’t rhetorical. Feel free to respond, and defend yourselves.

skeptical
    Participant

Maybe atheists & agnostic folks can form their own internet death squads and do some online mowing down of vulnerable Christians of the selfish kind to make a point.

Sacrificing a few bully Christians to head off the deaths of more marginalized people bullied online? Totally worth it and Jesus approved.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I made my previous comment because one often hears that deeply religious Christians are a persecuted minority. Either, the rhetoric goes, they are openly mocked for holding beliefs that are out of step with the mainstream, or they are constantly offended by a world that is excessively secular, vulgar, sinful, and lascivious.

The original story is interesting because what ultimately drove this young woman to kill herself was the humiliating nature of the comments and pranks pulled by the anonymous bullies. In my opinion, this young woman was not fat. Please read the story and look at the photos.

Andy Brown
    Participant

It only underscores the shallowness of those that operate under a single issue agenda like the aforementioned transgressors. It also comes as no surprise that they won’t try and defend it because they know that they can’t.

The real bullies on this board are bacon, Herb and Broadway. They defy their own religious beliefs, selectively choosing what part of the canon to live by and ignoring other just as important parts.

They are evil scumbags.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.