Palin endorses Trump. Will it help or hurt?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Palin endorses Trump. Will it help or hurt?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Did anyone see her rally speech tonight? OMG, shrieking, headache inducing, illiterate nonsense, IMO. I can’t see how this helps Trump, but nothing makes much sense with the Trump campaign.

Langston
    Participant

Hard to believe the endorsement was the lead story on network news this evening. Such are politics today. Sad.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Small benefit in the primary but Sarah PAINlin is toxic in a general. I say bring it on.

Broadway
    Participant

It’s a wash according to Mark Levin. I agree.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I was talking with a friend tonight about this. I asked, what has happened to the Republican Party? I may have had disagreements with Nixon, Reagan, Bush, but at least they were sensible people. Where are the moderates that kept the party more Center-right? Palin is as bad as Trump is. They make a good pair, if they want to totally destroy the Republican Party. I wonder what George Bush Sr is thinking? Being a fly on the wall in his house would be very interesting. Lawrence tonight on MSNBC reported the that Palin 26 year old son was arrested in Palin’s home for assaulting his girlfriend that threatening to commit suicide with an AR-15, while Sarah was at the Trump rally. In this election, having Sarah Palin endorse Trump, hey it might be good for him.

skeptical
    Participant

I rather see Richard M. Nixon elected, including my knowledge of his Watergate involvement, than ANY of the aspirating presidential candidates riding the clown car.

skeptical
    Participant

Oh, and yeah, Palin, she’s got a sugar daddy for life now for sending him a couple hundred thousand numb sheep.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

The same type of people who love Donald Trump also adore Sarah Palin; and for the same reasons.

Dumb loves dumb, etc. As The New York Daily News put it both succinctly and correctly in a caption beneath a picture of the dynamic dill weeds, “I’m with stupid”.

Sarah is a pioneer of being fantastically unencumbered by such mundane notions as having any working knowledge of the subject you’re speaking about, utilizing basic grammar correctly, or making logical or compressible policy arguments. She’s spews right wing talking points/ word salad that to her ignorant supporters, no doubt comes across as both deeply authentic and somehow profound. Donald is a (slightly) more put together version of the same inanity. It’s a match made in hell.

That endorsement “speech” may literally be the dumbest address I’ve ever heard a (former) public official ever say. I mean, ever. I know distracted teenagers that sound more informed; and whom I’d trust more in any kind of position of authority.

The Trump campaign (the movement, really) is largely driven by white, racial grievance. That’s it. You either have the intellectual capacity and objective reasoning skills to understand the innumerable empirical that support that contention or you don’t. I’m not going to bother to outline it (yet again), here.

Ok, one small and endlessly amusing bit of conservative whining: “It seems like you just can’t say anything anymore without someone being offended”! And/or, “Political correctness has run amuck! I like people who tell it like it is”! Translation: I hold noxious, racist (or misogynist, etc.) opinions that are no longer permissible to air in public/mixed company without engendering condemnation; as The United States today is a far more progressive and and culturally diverse nation than it was several decades ago. (I.e. What happened to the “good old days” when certain kinds of people knew their place and kept quiet about it?)

What the Trump’s and The Palin’s (and their numb nut supporters) are crying about is that their “right” to be a bigoted jackass no longer comes with a free pass. I.e. You will be called out for it. You will be mocked. You will be denigrated. You will be laughed at.

As I’ve reminded our resident Bible thumping bigot on more than one occasion. You’re free to both think and say whatever you want. But others are equally free to point out you’re a bigoted troglodyte. He no doubt thinks he’s hearing the very font of wisdom blurbingly from Donald and Sarah’s pie holes. LOL.

Does it mean anything? Of course it does. To-those-kinds-of people. You know, idiots. It’s likely to only endear him (Trump) even more.

Q: Am I calling anyone who supports reality star Donald Trump an idiot? A: Yes. You deserve nothing but derision. He’s a dangerous buffoon and you should be fucking ashamed.

Of course it’s just older, conservative, often evangelical, white people who make up this movement and those supporters. By the numbers, there’s not enough of them anymore to win a national presidential election. Apparently the GOP needs to actually play the game this year to find out they’ve already lost.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Did you all see Donald’s face during that thing?

It was hilarious. He’s there, trying to look Presidential, nodding here, and there, but it was totally obvious he had no clue what she was doing! Sure would love to ask him about that over a drink or two.

At times he frowned and then very smooth, bent that into a sort of befuddled, authoritative, “hey, it’s her show!” nod to himself, and occasionally, the crowd. I got the distinct impression he was basically trying to pull off, “She likes me, what can I really say here?” kind of thing, while hoping to take the good and ideally dodge most of the bad.

She’s like that classic bag of sugar and shit. Open the bag, and it’s sugar! But there is some shit in there too. sometimes, it’s only a little bit of shit, and so maybe people won’t know when they take a little off the top. But other times, there is enough shit in there to foul it all up, and no matter how sweet the sugar is… people just can’t quite get past the shit.

Donald himself has some oddities in his rhetoric. But he’s sane relative to Palin. She’s in her own class, and best in it too! Whatever class that is.

Nobody knows.

paulwalker
    Participant

Watch The Donald separate himself from Palin in the next few weeks. Say what you will about Trump, but he can read the room (or polls), and he realized quickly that he doesn’t need her. Nice try, Donald.

skeptical
    Participant

“Did you all see Donald’s face during that thing?”

radiodork
    Spectator

I cringe every time she opens her mouth, and I’m betting Donald istoo. Trump doesn’t need her to win the GOP nomination, he is going to win regardless.Anyone wanna bet how many cocktails she she had before the speech? She reminds me of Miss Piggy from the Muppets.

darth talon
    Participant

“She reminds me of Miss Piggy from the Muppets”

Come on now. Did we have to go there? What did Miss Piggy do to be insulted like that? Miss Piggy doesn’t need to be compared to Caribou Barbie.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Miss Piggy would beat the shit out of Palin, while forming coherent sentences.

radiodork
    Spectator

Palin was a no show at the Iowa Trump rally. Ummm….I’m betting she wasn’t welcomed back by Trump.
    I can just hear the conversation, minutes before the Iowa rally.
    “Sara we need to talk, I’m sorry to say this but……You’re fired.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.