Packer-HeeHawks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

Well, well, well…It looks like this could be a pretty entertaining football game next Sunday in Seattle.

Brianl
    Participant

Bring it!

paulwalker
    Participant

OK OK…

I was rooting for GB. Because they have a really ugly recent history at the Clink.

Let’s go back to that blown call by replacement refs a couple of years ago. The Gods were with Hawks on that one.

Then let’s remember Week 1. I am a firm believer that history repeats, and that is why I am glad it isn’t Dallas coming back into Seatown.

Fun stuff.

paulwalker
    Participant

OK, gouge, if I understand, you are not an NFL fan. That’s OK, if true.

I am not trying to convince anyone here, but the NFL is the strongest sports brand in the US right now, and they are ready to take on the world. That’s why they are exploring Europe as another opportunity. Talk about your long road trips…

For now, we will probably see Seattle and New England in the Super Bowl, though there is another weekend that could change all that. What is interesting to me is Seattle was considered the most dismal sports cities just a few years ago, but could correct that perception within the next couple of weeks. Go Hawks.

Vitalogy
    Participant

What a game!!!

johnlaw
    Participant

Never a doubt !! Well, ok…maybe for the first 3 quarters…wow !!! I may need more exclamation points !

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Green Bay appeared to get tired in the last quarter while Seattle appeared to get their second wind (or maybe it was their first).

The GB quarterback’s bad leg wasn’t helping them in the least, especially at the end when he was in a lot of pain.

paulwalker
    Participant

One of the greatest comebacks in the history of championship games. Unf..king believable. Everything that needed to go right in the last 3 minutes and OT did. Roughly equivilant to winning the lottery…twice. This one will be talked about for decades.

Now I am rooting for Indy, as I think Seattle would have a better chance to repeat against the Colts than the Pats.

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

Please, Gouge, do us all a favor and stay in Vantucky and enjoy that intersection while you hold up your cardboard sign for meth money. God Bless.

paulwalker
    Participant

If anyone was not excited by the final moments of SEA-GB, they probably don’t have a pulse. One of the greatest comebacks in NFL playoff history. Stamped, marked, and sent.

New England looks like the SEA opponet at this juncture, but we shall see.

EDIT: Seattle vs New England in Super Bowl 2015, in Arizona. Feb. 1.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Been watching the game of Cricket most of the afternoon on espn.com. Better for my heart.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Nope. You missed an epic comeback of epic proportions. And I’m not a Seahawks fan by any means.

paulwalker
    Participant

The Seahawks somehow took a crappy game and turned it into a win. Divine intervention? Perhaps, but more than likely, just being in the right place at the right time. I still believe this victory had more to do with preperation and desire. Perhaps the will to win was simply stronger at the end of the day.

Broadway
    Participant

A coin toss in their favor in the OT might have helped along with that will to win!

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

GB shot itself several times. The onside kick where the tight end didn’t to his blocking assignment, was huge.

GB had the Hawks number all day long, they just didn’t finish the last 6 minutes of the game. Credit to the Hawks for taking advantage of those miscues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.