Pac-12 in 2015,,,what a ride

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

So it is over in the the north, with Stanford the king of the hill. In the south, USC and UCLA can fight it out. I am rooting for UCLA as I always liked Mora, and Sark got what he deserved, that being said I hope he gets the help he needs.

As for for the north, props to the Ducks who did well today against their in state rival Beaves, however who would have predicted anything less, especially at Autzen.

More interestingly, the Cougs had such a promising season, but let it slip by. From the opening loss to lowly PSU, to a knockout blow by the Dawgs, which seems to happen most years, they continue to “Coug” it. Unfortunately, this embarrassing loss will likely put them in a lessor bowl than the Huskies. Is Leach the future here? Perhaps. But pretty damn disappointing.

Brianl
    Participant

Based on our conference record (6-3 for us, 4-5 for Washington), we will be in a better bowl. Washington will get an at-large bid somewhere else, filling a slot for another conference that doesn’t have enough bowl-eligible teams to fill their allotment.

Congrats to Washington for the win. At 8-4, our season can be viewed as a success, with road wins at Oregon and UCLA in there, but yesterday’s loss makes the season an abject failure to me. At least we have a few more weeks of practice for a bowl.

paulwalker
    Participant

Agreed, to some extent. And congrats to WSU for overcoming what would be considered a “rough beginning” to eventually accumulate a 8-4 W/L, and I especially enjoyed the win over the Quackers at Autzen.

In not so many days past, the team with the best travel population would get the better bowl game, plus if they had a bigger national profile. Of course, something may have changed over the years, and if that is the case, then you are correct WSU should get the better game based on the “entirety of their work”, whatever the heck that really means.

Either way, good to see both WA teams ending up with bowl games and only OR ending up with one down south. Oregon needs some tremendous improvements moving forward, and OSU is another work in progress.

duxrule
    Participant

Oregon ends the regular season at 9-3, is back up to #15 in the AP poll, and is currently projected into the Alamo Bowl with TCU (CBS projection). What “tremendous improvements” do they need, other than the same issues that every other college program has? This team bounced back tremendously after a challenging open to the season. Oregon still has a chance to get to ten wins. That’s a solid season in anyone’s book. Time to “reload” again in the spring. 😉

Brianl
    Participant

Well, you need a quarterback now that Adams is leaving, and a secondary.

duxrule
    Participant

The secondary is young, and we’ll just roll another QB through. Check out the stats on RSF Morgan Mahalak, and I know some other guys are in the pipeline. Like I said it’s “reloading” at Oregon now, rather than “rebuilding.”

duxrule
    Participant

Also, I see that the latest projections (CBS) have the Cougs in the Royal Purple Bowl against San Diego State on 12/19, and the Dawgs in the New Mexico Bowl against NM on the same day. CBS is also projecting Oregon into the Alamo Bowl vs. TCU on 1/2. THAT would be an entertaining game.

Brianl
    Participant

The Holiday Bowl has a choice between Utah and us, and from my understanding, they are leaning towards us. That would be an awesome step for our program. The good thing is, we lose next to nobody, and the vast majority of our defensive depth chart are freshmen and sophomores.

duxrule
    Participant

Central Florida just hired Scott Frost as their new HC, so THAT will be an interesting development for Helfrich, as he looks for a new Offensive Coordinator.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.