Oscars 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Couldn’t care less about who wins, couldn’t care less about the fashions. I’ll be watching for the politics tonight. Former Seattle radio personality Jimmy Kimmel will set the tone, and this will be the most interesting part of the show for me. The over/under for how many stars will be insulted by Trump is 5. Let the fireworks begin!

skeptical
    Participant

Baiting Trump. That’ll be the name of the game tonight.

washnotore
    Participant

Well at least we have a Carson Clone hosting.

paulwalker
    Participant

Carson clone? Well, maybe. But his idol was Letterman.
    I think his style is perhaps right in between Carson and Letterman, not a bad position to be in. So far, he is doing a great job, IMO.

paulwalker
    Participant

Big whoops like never before. Wrong picture announced as winner of Best Picture. Lala Land did not win, Moonlight did. What a total f-…-up. ABC and Academy fail for the ages!

Andy Brown
    Participant

Food for drumpf to get back at JK for the opening monologue. Tweet at 11

paulwalker
    Participant

Get ready, this is the new #1 topic for tomorrow. What a total fail by ABC, and the Academy. They will have lots of ‘xplaining to do on this one.

skeptical
    Participant

Fake Oscars, apparently.

Scott J
    Spectator

2nd lowest viewership in Oscar history and
    2 accountants were axed

paulwalker
    Participant

RE: low ratings.

First, many probably DVD’d this. How this is calculated is beyond my pay grade.

Second, this was one of those years where most viewers did not see any of the best picture nominees.

The Hollywood community risks becoming too “above the frey” when selections are made. Too sophisticated for the rest of the country. This is a danger, not particularly for the insiders, but definitely for the general public.

Scott J
    Spectator

As it is now and especially on Sundays, more former live Oscar viewers really have better things to do

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.