Oregonian on Vanport

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Very interesting article in the Oregonian today about Vanport. So many don’t remember this. This WWII housing development was flooded in 1948, but was once Oregon’s second largest city. Today it is nothing much more than a golf course.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/03/vanport_survivors_are_dying_ha.html#incart_most-read_

BTW, somebody explain the printed Oregonian to me. I am staying in a motel that offers a “tabloid” Oregonian, which seems like a very well edited edition of the paper. Does the Oregonian still print a full newspaper?

Master of Disaster
    Participant

BTW, somebody explain the printed Oregonian to me. I am staying in a motel that offers a “tabloid” Oregonian, which seems like a very well edited edition of the paper. Does the Oregonian still print a full newspaper?

Believe it or not, that shameful disgrace is all that’s left of ‘the Zero.’ And they won’t even deliver it daily, they “encourage” subscribers to view a subscription website with the same content as the paper.

Add to the fact that the price of the daily paper was raised to $1.50 on March 2nd; the Master of Disaster no longer sees a reason to bother.

Um, hello, maybe readers want something they can physically hold that isn’t a computer or phone?! They’re doing a great job of plunging themselves into irrelevancy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.