On the verge of chaos?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Multiple sources are predicting more riots as we approach Biden’s inauguration. All 50 States may be in for some form of trouble. This could be worse than 1968. Hunker down eveyone this could get to be very bumpy as Bette Davis once proclaimed.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/fbi-bulletin-armed-protests-state-us-capitol/index.html

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by paulwalker.
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, the National Guard has been called for all 50 states too. Hopefully there will be no need for them. But if it happens expect a lot of bloodshed….

paulwalker
    Participant

If this scenario plays out there will nobody else to blame than Donald J Trump.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Hillary was correct to label them a basket of deplorables. That’s being nice.

These people are the Tim McVeigh of today.

semoochie
    Participant

“This could be worse than 1968.”
    Trust me, Lyndon Johnson did not attempt to overthrow the US government! I would’ve noticed.

paulwalker
    Participant

Referring to the riots of that year…radical democrats were the inciters then, though they didn’t really represent the party in general. Today it is radical republicans!

Andrew
    Participant

Nobody knows whats going to happen in the next few weeks, but after the capitol insurgency last week, clearly law enforcement is on high alert everywhere. So there may not be any major disturbances.

Once Biden takes over the government, the feds will be able to be mobilized as needed.

paulwalker
    Participant

Maybe, Andrew. I think we may be in for a rough next two weeks in this country. I wish I will be wrong.

semoochie
    Participant

“Referring to the riots of that year…radical democrats were the inciters then, though they didn’t really represent the party in general. Today it is radical republicans!”

Some people were upset because Eugene McCarthy didn’t get the Convention results that the primaries warranted. Hubert Humphrey didn’t do well in the primaries but was favored in the Convention and became the nominee. It should be noted that few states held primaries then. Among those that didn’t was New York! It should also be noted that Humphrey did better against Nixon than Trump did against Biden and no one blinked an eye!

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Humphrey came very close to winning. If it hadn’t been for the riot at the Chicago convention, he would have won. Or, of course, if Johnson had allowed Humphrey to speak against the war.

mwdxer1
    Participant

As Obama stated when he left office “Elections have consequences.” Boy, was he right with that statement!

lastday
    Participant

Remember when impeaching a president was a really big deal? Now it’s like oh, did we forgot to mention, Trump has been impeached again. Ho hum.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she wants to impeach President-elect Joe Biden the day after his inauguration.

lastday
    Participant

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she wants to impeach President-elect Joe Biden the day after his inauguration.

The gist of her argument seems to be Biden’s win is unfair to Republicans. What a joke.

lastday
    Participant

How about this one. I bet she’s petrified. LOL.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/arizona-gop-wants-censure-cindy-mccain-over-gay-marriage-biden-n1254316

The Arizona Republican Party will vote on a measure to censure Cindy McCain, the widow of Sen. John McCain, on Jan. 23, in part because of her support for President-elect Joe Biden and for same-sex marriage.

The proposal, which seeks to “dissolve any connections whatsoever” between McCain and the state GOP, says she “has supported leftist causes such as gay marriage, growth of the administrative state, and others that run counter to Republican values, a Republican form of government, and the U.S. Constitution.”

It also states that McCain has failed to support conservative Republicans like President Donald Trump and has instead backed “globalist policies and candidates” like Biden. “Cindy McCain has condemned President Trump for his criticism of her husband and erroneously placed behaviors over actual presidential results,” the proposal states.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.