January 17, 2017 at 3:37 pm #26280Andy BrownParticipant
Bookies are offering ‘even odds’ for Donald Trump being impeached while US President. Ladbrokes said that odds he will be impeached or resign before his first term ends are 50-50. Paddy Power is offering a more conservative 20 per cent chance that Mr Trump will be impeached in the first six months of his Presidency. The odds are part of a group of “Donald Trump Specials” offered by Ladbrokes, including a 2-1 bet that he won’t be reelected in 2020 and a 5-4 bet that he’ll visit Russia by the end of the year. Personally, I think he would resign like Nixon did before being impeached (by his own party I might add, although drumpf has never really been a Republican.January 17, 2017 at 4:56 pm #26282LurkingGrendelParticipant
Trump’s biggest political asset are the largely ethically bankrupt and galactically hypocritical members of his own party. Demonstrably, there’s yet to be a low that’s low enough for Trump to sink they will not leap to defend. I’d say it’s amazing but it’s degenerated into something both more laughable and dangerous.
Some (cough, cough) would deride the following statement as hyperbole or opinion, but it happens to be provably/demonstrably/objectively factual and truthful: Trump is currently embroiled in more scandal, with more impending, in the last three weeks as the President elect than President Obama had in eight years.
If you’re not an utter partisan hack, it’s easy to state and offer reams of supportive evidence that this election and its transition have been an unprecedented train wreck. The majority of American citizens certainly agree with that assessment.
Predicting something like this (Herr Drumpf’s potential for impeachment) is a bit of a fool’s errand as all political norms or even common standards of accepted decency have been shattered by this fool and his followers, but as the scandals and national outrage continue to grow all of that steam is going to have to be released somehow.
Trump is secretly, and in some cases not so secretly, loathed by wide swaths of Republican-Land in Washington DC. Not due to his outsider status or being some kind of brilliant, maverick businessman. No, it’s due to his being an unprincipled, self-involved, ignorant, loud mouthed, thin-skinned, idiot. If their own political self-survival comes into question, they’ll turn on the Orange One.
One example of, literally, dozens over the past couple of weeks:
You can bet the GOP were less than thrilled with Trump’s hot air about the repeal of the ACA yesterday. He just promised to provide “healthcare for all” and that’ll be “great”, “low cost”, and so on and so forth. Oh really? LOL. How is that supposed to work, Twitler?
If the GOP has their way, tens of millions of Americans are about to lose their healthcare coverage, costs are going to go up, and the total cost of the repeal will be economically ruinous. There is of course, no real plan to address any of these things. There never has been. The Republicans are simply too deceitful and cowardly to state their true position to the American electorate and then let the people decide. Which is, of course, that they do not believe the Federal government should have any role in providing healthcare to all American citizens, but rather, “the market” should sort it all out. I.e. The “don’t get sick” healthcare plan.
With The Republican Party controlling both houses of Congress as well as the Executive Branch, there’s not a lot of places to point any longer when doling out excuses or this and other impending debacles.
The GOP is a bit like the dog that caught the car. Now what?
Back to the main point, Pence is by almost all measures a privileged, willfully ignorant far right wing ideologue with lunatic religious opinions he’d like to enforce about everyone else. Yet, I’d happily take him over Donald Trump at this point. At least Mike Pence can speak English. He can communicate like an adult. He’s not insulting people on Twitter like a deranged fourteen year old. I don’t worry that Mike Pence would accidently start a nuclear war. And so on.
Mike Pence looks and sounds like the soul of moderation compared to the raging twit that sneaked into office by massively losing the popular vote and eking out a tenuous elector victory that was, in part, aided by a foreign government.January 17, 2017 at 5:22 pm #26284VitalogyParticipant
Impissment, er, impeachment will happen once the pee video gets released.January 17, 2017 at 5:50 pm #26286paulwalkerParticipant
SNL really pushed the “pee” story last Saturday, in fact in two different sketches. Of course, Trump responded as if he doesn’t have more on his plate. I would expect SNL will continue to make this a theme, bringing more and more 9-16 year olds asking mom and dad, “what is a golden shower?” Welcome to the Presidency, Mr. Trump.
I will repeat my prediction, Trump will not last through his first term.January 17, 2017 at 6:17 pm #26290LangstonParticipant
Riddle: What is he difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?
Answer: Donald Trump never had a garbanzo bean on his face.January 18, 2017 at 1:15 am #26293Andy BrownParticipant
Came across this today:
THINK THIS LADY IS PISSED?
If you are over 50, you need to read this. If not, don’t bother, you are already screwed.
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared “Social Security ” to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here’s a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana … I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
“Hey Alan, let’s get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and “your ilk” pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your “shill commission” are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now “you morons” propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because “you idiots” mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you “incompetent bastards” spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullshit” to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the “greedy” ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech. That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it. And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits “entitlements”. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years “It’s my money”-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .
EVERYONE!! If you agree with Patty Myers, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.