Obama closes the deal with Iran on Nukes

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Obama closes the deal with Iran on Nukes

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

“Notice how none of the O’Haters want to talk about the positives coming out of this deal?”

What are they? And, not the BS coming out of the sound bites.

duxrule
    Participant

That G-D, M-F’ing Obama! That SOB! Let’s go kick his ass! Buttlicker.

$2 gas likely to return after Iran nuclear deal

http://q13fox.com/2015/07/14/2-gas-likely-to-return-after-iran-nuclear-deal/

missing_kskd
    Participant

This gets at the source of the complaints quite nicely:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/07/iran-nuclear-deal-obama/398450/

When critics focus incessantly on the gap between the present deal and a perfect one, what they’re really doing is blaming Obama for the fact that the United States is not omnipotent. This isn’t surprising given that American omnipotence is the guiding assumption behind contemporary Republican foreign policy. Ask any GOP presidential candidate except Rand Paul what they propose doing about any global hotspot and their answer is the same: be tougher. America must take a harder line against Iran’s nuclear program, against ISIS, against Bashar al-Assad, against Russian intervention in Ukraine and against Chinese ambitions in the South China Sea.

We just aren’t all that. There really are forces we have to deal with, and we really do need to manage what we do, because it really can cost us our future, or put our people and our allies at very grave risk.

Those “get tough” wars on credit feel really good, but the outcomes aren’t so great.

And it highlights the nuance in the world. Black and white is great to talk about, but it’s also hardly representative of actual realities.

Amus
    Participant

Funny or Die.

The Deal Breakers!

missing_kskd
    Participant

That’s great!

Langston
    Participant

Senator Mikulski’s announced support today clinches Obama veto if necessary. Republicans lose another big one. Wyden’s fence-sitting no longer relevant. It’s a done deal.

Listener_Pete
    Participant
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

Obama wins, the World loses. Wonderful.

Amus
    Participant

RWNJ’s are not the World.

paulwalker
    Participant

BTW, I was in Texas this past weekend, and gas is already around $2.00 per gallon, atleast in Houston and some areas heading toward Dallas. I even saw a 1.99 at one station, but I had just filled up at 2.09. My Ford Focus rental (pos car IMO), filled for just $20.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Obama wins, the world wins.

Remember, 5 other nations were a part of this: Russia, Britain, France, Germany, and China.

Not that it matters much. Iran is not really a threat to the US. I’m more concerned about the gun violence by US citizens than I am about Iran.

Amus
    Participant

“I was in Texas this past weekend”

I’m sorry!

I’ll be there next week.
    I feel for you.

paulwalker
    Participant

Oh, it wasn’t that bad, once you get past the general rudeness that seems to prevail. Plus the so-called “service roads” that run along the freeways making it almost impossible to get to the other side unless you luck out.

The humidity is like a wet blanket. They use the term “muggy” down there, and when PDX newscasters use it really is a joke comparably. All I know is my B.O. was much worse after a day without a shower! Yuk!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.