Obama closes the deal with Iran on Nukes

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Obama closes the deal with Iran on Nukes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-07-14/details-emerge-on-historic-iran-deal/

The deal also allows for the restoration of sanctions within 65 days – a so-called snapback plan – in the event of non-compliance by Tehran, the Reuters’ sources said.

—from the inexperienced “boy” President, no less. 🙂

Deane Johnson
    Participant

It’s remarkable Missing that already you have had time to become completely familiar with the deal and know the details are good for the U.S. and the rest of the world. My compliments to you for your rapid absorption capabilities.

Let’s face it, the leadership of Iran is far more astute than our President in these matters. I hope you are right, but I suspect your compelling desire to love anything “Obama” seriously clouds your objectivity and your vision in these matters.

Langston
    Participant

At least we are not selling missiles to Iran a la St. Ronnie. It’s a step in the right direction.

Amus
    Participant

Ten to One that if McCain had won in 2008, we’d be at war with Iran right now and still at war in Afghanistan & Iraq.

Assuming we hadn’t annihilated us all by then.

http://www.trainingourprotectors.com/uploads/5/4/1/5/5415260/when_rwa_inherit_the_earth.pdf

duxrule
    Participant

“Let’s face it, the leadership of Iran is far more astute than our President in these matters…”

Listening to and reading the previous comments from the O’Haters/RWNJ’s, pretty much everyone in the ME is a dirt-eating, donkey-riding 7th-century reactionary. Where did they suddenly get the “brilliance” to be able to outwit all of those Ivy League suits from DC? Or could it be that these people aren’t nearly as backward and stupid as the Fear/Anger/Hate Radio Cabal makes them out to be?

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Notice how no one wants to talk about what Obama just did. the subject immediately switches to yesteryear.

Langston
    Participant

Yesteryear is prologue.

duxrule
    Participant

“Notice how no one wants to talk about what Obama just did. the subject immediately switches to yesteryear.”

Notice how none of the O’Haters want to talk about the positives coming out of this deal?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Not having war, and a few years to continue to see Iran cool down is extremely likely good for everyone Deane.

Sure, we need to see details to understand the impact. Those are either in progress, or completed now. It’s EU time for those, and the EU is encouraged, calling it good news.

Really, the question is “could it be better?” more than, “is it a bad deal?”

stevethedj
    Participant

I’d love to talk about the positives of this “deal”. I could find none. They get the bomb in ten years. It’s a bad deal.

Amus
    Participant

And you should know.

Here’s the losers on this deal;

Hardliners here.
    Hardliners there.
    Netanyahu, who’d like nothing more than to have us fight another war for him.

missing_kskd
    Participant

What did Obama just do?

Vitalogy
    Participant

+1 Amus. Right on target.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yep.

And we all know just how not effective hardliners ers have been.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I have a newsflash for you, Steve.

There is literally nothing anyone can do to ultimately prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon if they really want one. The choice The United States has comes down to seeking areas of common accord with Iran and improving relations where common areas of interest may lie; thus decreasing the levels of distrust and acrimony that have existed for decades and in the process create greater stabilization in the region. Or, we can continue to punish the people of Iran through economic sanctions in a futile attempt to coerce the hard liners in the Iranian government to abandon their nuclear ambitions. Which of course will never, ever occur.

It’s more of the same, (including likely military conflict) or a chance at something better. As just noted, the only people opposed to the something better option appear to be the hardliners in Iran, (who do not reflect the opinion of the majority of their population) and the hardliners (i.e. wing nut GOP) here in the U.S. That’s some great company, ya’ll are keeping.

Playing Devil’s advocate, so what if they do achieve their nuclear ambitions? Why, exactly, is that such a terrifying prospect to conservatives? North Korea has nuclear weapons. So does Pakistan. So does Israel. So does The United States.

What exactly are you afraid of? What do you think is going to happen if their program came to fruition? (Hint: nothing.)

The Iranian hardliners nuclear ambitions have more to do with domestic politics and conservative nationalism than anything else. The United States has actually empowered those forces by our idiotic saber rattling; along with the little issue of having invaded and occupied the country next door for no good reason. (Or at least for reasons completely manufactured by the Bush administration.) Sidebar: That was the crux behind North Korea’s focus upon obtaining a weapon; they viewed it as a failsafe to keep the U.S. from attacking their country.

It’s time to ratchet down the stupid and the fear.

And if the ignorant fear mongering dullards end up being proven correct in some way?

We still have all of the same options available to us later (including military ones) as we do today. We give up nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.