Northwest Remoted and Web-enabled Receivers

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Northwest Remoted and Web-enabled Receivers

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chessyduck
    Participant

(Sorry for creating a new thread but the PDXRADIO posting software has been rejecting my posts when I append to others)

I use the web-enable KIWISDR receivers across the world to check on regional band conditions on HF and monitor the local AM radio dial.

I stumbled across a second Oregon-based remote receiver that was recently added to the SDR.HU website.

It is at Crooked River Ranch near Bend:

http://kk6pr.ddns.net:8075/

There is also an web-enabled KiwiSDR box in Newport that has fantastic coverage:

http://kiwisdr.smeter.net:8073/

I used this latter to monitopr the last days of KUIK. I also use a receiver near Missoula to verify AM 1130 Silverton’s daytime coverage… amazing.

Happy bandscanning..

semoochie
    Participant

Mt. Angel

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am surprised that KUIK could be heard in the Bend area, as that is not in the main lobe of their nighttime pattern. Last year, I tried to listen from the coast, but I heard KKMO, instead.

chessyduck
    Participant

Bad grammar on my part. I was using the Newport SDR for the KUIK captures. Since KUIK’s demise it is a Puget Sound station that generally lands there.

Nonetheless, these type of web-enabled SDRs are a wonderful tool.

chessyduck
    Participant

New Northwest-based KiwiSDR remote receivers have been spotted on SDR.HU ..
    (1) K7GFH in Boring, Oregon
    (2) W7PUA in Adair Village, Oregon

Many thanks to both these hams for allowing us remote listeners to use their radios.

KK6PR in Crooked River Ranch and the Newport-based SMETER.NET sites are two other known Beaver-state KiwiSDRs…

Hopefully K7GFH can isolate some of that RFI at his site. The medium wave noise is a little high…

chessyduck
    Participant

Two new Oregon-based KiwiSDR boxes have been noted on the SDR.HU website. Kudos to these hams for allowing us some remote DXing to verify the health of regional AM radio.

K7GFH Boring Oregon
    W7PUA Adair Village

The W7PUA site should be very handy for tracking the KWBY proposed power upgrade

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by chessyduck.
    W7PAT
    Participant

These SDRs are a lot of fun. KEX and KPAM in Montana and Alberta during the day. Also, KXTG and KPOJ in Victoria during the day. KXTG in Alberta at night. Of course most change day to day. CFSL in Weyburn, SK raises havoc with KEX just about anywhere at night.
    Pat

W7PAT
    Participant

Also, I have heard KUIK in Sunriver over the air at night, but pretty much overrun by KKMO. The Crooked River SDR is a big disappointment.
    The SDR in Weiser, ID is pretty good. I have heard KEX and KPAM on it during the day, but also 1190 out of the Bay area as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.