Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

Viewing 14 posts - 106 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

They’ve split the simulcast. Here’s a short article: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/209948/tudn-deportes-debuts-in-portland/

chessyduck
    Participant

Bustos Media marches forward with some big plans.

I saw a detailed news item at nwbroadcasters.com . Basically Amador Bustos first changed the Community of License for his 102.9 “La Zeta” KZTM from Centralia to McKenna (in Thurston County). The FCC approved this COL change earlier this summer.

Now the other shoe has now dropped. Bustos subsequently has filed to re-locate the KZTM transmitter to a site on the Olympic Peninsula. The site is co-located with KJET, a station migrating from the Aberdeen area to Union, near Shelton. Once re-located, KZTM’s 60 dBu contour will blanket all of Seattle and much of King County. Some nice engineering work by Hatfield-Dawson available here answers a lot of questions:

(TRANSMITTER MOVEMENT)

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/api/download/attachment/25076ff37ad3ae6e017ad4149333001f

(COMMUNITY OF LICENSE CHANGE)
    https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/api/download/attachment/25076ff373e4484b0173e4c9e418010f

Bustos Media also picked up 92.1 , a Class A allotment for Cottonwood, California (metro Redding) in the recent FCC Auction 109 for just the minimum bid price of $35,000. (Cottonwood will fit well into their Chico cluster operations.)

chessyduck
    Participant

In posting #51447 the entry noted “Bustos Media also picked up 92.1 , a Class A allotment for Cottonwood, California (metro Redding) in the recent FCC Auction 109 for just the minimum bid price of $35,000. (Cottonwood will fit well into their Chico cluster operations.)”.

An entry today on radiodiscussions.com stated the CP has been awarded. So Bustos will soon have another signal for their Chico-Redding cluster, a market more over-radio’d than Medford…

boisebill
    Participant

Chico’s been over radioed for years with most of the Scaratomato & Redding FMs getting well into the market.

semoochie
    Participant

That’s “Sacratomato”.

Chico
    Participant

Excremento to you, pal.

semoochie
    Participant

I was just paying tribute to Dr. Don Rose. Have I offended you in some way?

boisebill
    Participant

Apparently no sense of radio history or humor.

Chico
    Participant

Oh gosh, didn’t even get the reference, sorry! It’s just what the folks in my day job call Sacramento is all. Apparently it is a fairly common term down there.

semoochie
    Participant

It may be now. That’s where it came from!

radiogeek
    Participant

Wow that clip is fun!

My guess is that Sacratomato is literal. I have memories of traveling up and down Hwy 99 in central CA during harvest time. Huge double trucks of ripe tomatoes would literally drip juice so bad on the freeway that you couldn’t follow them without using your wipers to clean the windshield. They were on the way from the fields to the plants that made ketchup and other condiments for the entire country.

Sacratomato!

Ed

Chico
    Participant

Good to know where the reference came from. Thanks Semoochie!

semoochie
    Participant

You’re welcome! One thing I noticed is that it usually takes awhile to warm up to a personality in a different part of the country but when I first discovered Dr. Don, his appeal was immediately apparent.

chessyduck
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 106 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.