Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    radiogeek
    Participant

The INStreamer device will announce it’s IP address on a headphone jack, on every boot, no matter if a settings change or a power cycle.

I don’t however remember that it puts the IP address into the streamed content, that would be strange. The Instreamer has an audio jack that you listen to to hear this info when setting the thing up. It says the info during the device boot, which should not be going out into the stream as it’s booting and not yet connected and streaming.

Perhaps this IP address is coming from an EXStreamer? Is the analog output from an EXStreamer going into a broadcast board? Looking at a catalog, it’s just like the INStreamer … there is a RCA output for program that’s clean and another that’s for local headphones. Did someone take the headphone jack out as program instead of RCA? In any case, it’s lame the IP address is going over program but that should only happen on intentional reboot, if happening regularly I’d still blame the USB connector.

Ed

boisebill
    Participant

“Did someone take the headphone jack out as program instead of RCA?”
    In the translator case nothing would surprise me.

fieldstrength
    Participant

On Exstreamers, the sonic IP feature plays out of the main audio outputs as well as the headphones. So it’s likely that they wired it correctly, but that they did not turn off the sonic IP feature. I’ve always made it mandatory to turn off sonic IP after setup is complete, otherwise embarrassing stuff like this happens. It is also obviously a major security problem if your Exstreamer is announcing it’s public IP address to the world.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Actually what it announces is the LAN IP assigned to it by the gateway router, not the WAN IP of the router/your account. It’s not really a huge security risk if your LAN/WiFi is secured. This provides the installer a means to set it up without having to access the gateway router itself.

fieldstrength
    Participant

Unless it is connected directly to the public internet without a router, as someone indicated was happening on a translator in Boise.

chessyduck
    Participant

Bustos Media’s KMIA in Auburn-Seattle has switched to a Spanish Christian format as of today. This may actually be an LMA arrangement. More to follow..

chessyduck
    Participant

Walking by Bustos Stark Street complex I did spy their orange and white AM 1150 stick on top of tje building. The signal reaches out about 3 miles at best.. Also notable was a single bay FM antenna .. Not sure if it was for reception or as an Aux transmit site.

One would think Bustos could diplex 1150 off their own 1520 tower if properly loaded.. Perhaps 1520 is just not electrically long enough for that duty.

semoochie
    Participant

My guess is that it’s too close to 1130. The 5mv/m of 1150, both as licensed and from the KBPS tower rubs up against the 5mv/m contour of 1130. There doesn’t appear to be any wiggle room and that’s at 250 watts! It seems to me that their only other hope is if 1130 is deleted, which should enable them to go back to 5KW, at least.

boisebill
    Participant

1130 tried for 50 kW day but were scuttled by an overlap with CKWX. Plus an “allocation” in Yelm WA.
    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=84374

chessyduck
    Participant

Amador Bustos really needs to monitor his over-the-air signals
    104.5 yesterday evening was a massive mess of L/R stereo channel dropout.
    Today, KSND has been nothing but an open carrier all day long. Last Monday evening KZGI Sedro also suffered the same open carrier syndrome. Inovonics makes a great series of FM receivet monitors. Amador should buy a few..

chessyduck
    Participant

Some more pieces to the puzzle….

“Radio Amor”, KMIA AM 1210, currently a Bustos property, seems to have found an FM outlet around Tacoma. They’re advertising 92.1 MHz which would correspond to K221FJ, the 150-watt signal previous dedicated to carrying KNTB in Lakewood.

The closest thing to a Radio Amor website is their Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/esradioamor

Shirley Knott
    Participant

I must point out that translator K221FJ isn’t dedicated to KNTB Lakewood. It’s not from the AM translator fiasco auction, but the previous fiasco round of translator applications. So it can legally carry whatever they can pick up over the air.

Since KNTB AM is still looking for a new tower site, it makes sense to ‘use it or lose it’ by letting Bustos run it for awhile.

I originally created this translator and know its history.

e_dawg
    Participant

Is there a Spanish Contemporary (Pop/Rock en Espanol) format in Portland. I can’t stand Regional Mexican music format.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by e_dawg.
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

I tuned in 1010 yesterday afternoon, and I heard the Argentina vs. Paraguay Copa America soccer match. 104.5 was playing music. Have these stations gone their separate ways with their programming, or was this just a special event?

chessyduck
    Participant

Good ear! Indeed, AM 1010 has been rebranded as “TUDN Radio 1010” which becomes the first of Bustos Media’s stations to try that all-sports Spanish format. TUDN is a Univision radio product with affiliates across the US.

“TUDN Radio 1010” already appears in Bustos’ “La Rola” Android app. The audio source is:

http://ice9.securenetsystems.net/KOOR

If you want to follow the Portland Timbers in Spanish you will have to try Bustos LaGranD outlet instead on 1150 AM or 93.5 FM.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.