Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    boisebill
    Participant

KXET BLESTA

Date Station has gone silent: 03/23/2020

Exhibit 2
    Description: JUSTIFICATION

DUE TO ONGOING HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS AND ECONOMIC CONDITIONS IN THE SALEM AND PORTLAND, OREGON AREAS IN LIGHT OF THE CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY, WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO RESUME BROADCASTING OVER KXET. IT IS OUR HOPE THAT THE CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY WILL END AND THAT WE CAN RESUME BROADCASTING PRIOR TO MARCH 23, 2021.

THE PUBLIC INTEREST, CONVENIENCE AND NECESSITY WOULD BE WELL SERVED BY A GRANT OF THIS REQUEST TO EXTEND OUR EXISTING SILENT SPECIAL TEMPORARY AUTHORIZATION.

semoochie
    Participant

KXET is only 25KW. They tried for 50KW, to no avail.

boisebill
    Participant
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Bustos legal team overreaching is nothing new.

chessyduck
    Participant

Thank you contributors for the sharp eyes in catching my extra 25,000-watt mistake. I looked at the antenna patterns (day/night) and the KXET situation is indeed bizarre. During the days KXET sends a signal towards Portland at 45 degrees (Northeast direction). At night just 490 watts is directed in the opposite direction at 225 degrees.

My thought – if the co-location KBPS thing never works out for 1150 AM I bet 1130 could be useful for a Spanish-language fill-in (if you add in the Portland FM cross-service translator.)

Borderblaster
    Participant

Don’t need another stinking Spanish-language “fill-in” here cheesy-dick, and NOT on 1130.

Go spew your own brand of localism on your own bands back east.

chessyduck
    Participant

While KXET remains off the air RF-wise I did note an interesting top-of-the-hour ID on KWBY “La Pantera” today. Bustos was announcing both 940 and 1130 as ‘La Pantera’ with legal IDs for both stations. (Still no announcements heard of their “new” FM Salem translator service on 93.3.)

The 940/1130 ID is not just at TOH but with sweepers and other segways.

semoochie
    Participant

Just so you’ll know: segue

chessyduck
    Participant

As predicted, on the RF-side KXET 1130 returned to the air today running the same programming as KWBY “La Pantera.”

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

When Eugene’s KKNU, and a Newberg translator for Air 1 were both on 93.1, KKNU screamed above the translator during any enhanced tropo, like on most mornings. Salem translator on 93.3? Ha ha. KKNU will have the last laugh.

chessyduck
    Participant

This afternoon Bustos Media apparently has introduced a new format to Northwest radio – the “Numbers Station”. KMIA Auburn-Seattle is mostly carrying dead air, occasional music clips, then followed by a computerized voice saying “192 dot 168 dot 0 dot 4” – obviously some private IP space of a studio link or interface port.

Sorry shortwave fans… The numbers are read only in English.

DarkStar
    Participant

KMIA Auburn-Seattle is mostly carrying dead air, occasional music clips, then followed by a computerized voice saying “192 dot 168 dot 0 dot 4” – obviously some private IP space of a studio link or interface port.

Lol, that is a classic case of a Barix Exstreamer that either has a failing power supply or keeps losing power. On bootup, it will read it’s IP address over the analog audio output.

radiogeek
    Participant

OMG! That voice is stuck in my head and won’t go away!

I had a Barix Instreamer that had a failed USB power supply jack on the motherboard. Why anyone in their right mind uses a USB micro jack soldered onto the motherboard is beyond me.

The power supply itself could be ok, the power could be staying on, but the leads from the two inner pins of the 5V socket could be failing due to motion between the case and the internal motherboard. Barix replaced one unit for me from this failure, and it’s pretty well documented as the weak link in this piece of gear.

Why, why oh why can’t they just use a normal friction fit barrel connector …. grrrr.

Ed

boisebill
    Participant

98.3 “translator” in Boise gives out its public Barix IP address.

lastday
    Participant

“Salem translator on 93.3? Ha ha. KKNU will have the last laugh.”

Salem translator on 93.3? I laugh in their general direction. I think you’re absolutely correct.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.