Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Northwest Hispanic Radio Happenings

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    chessyduck
    Participant

Now I remember. For sometime KSND 95.1 was running a romantic format in Spanish with much more interesting content and deeper playlists. (It might have been a clone of 1150 programming.) The “romantic” sound targeting older Hispanic females apparently does not sell advertising. “La Mejor Network” in California (one of the Radio Lazer services) backed off on the heavy romance music and now mixes in more standard Mexican/Latino genres.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Some years ago, I was near Salem, and I checked to see what was playing on 95.1. In my recollection, one of the songs that I heard was “Todo para ti” (“Everything For You”) by Miami Sound Machine. The station definitely had somewhat of a Spanish “adult hits” flavor to it, rather than contemporary hit music. However, my knowledge of how Hispanic advertising demographics work is nil. I would think that this music would appeal to older Generation-X people; however, could it be possible that in the world of advertising to the Hispanic market, people of that age are already considered “over the hill?”

mwdxer1
    Participant

I guess if you are in the minority with music, Pandora Radio is your best bet. So much radio is tailored to young people now.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Years before streaming audio, a listener to The Tom Leykis Show complained that he and his wife were into Salsa music, yet no station in his city programmed it. Leykis very quickly responded, “We’re in the broadcasting business. The more eclectic stuff is made for your CD player.” As I’ve become older, I have slowly slid to the dark side from thinking, “Hey, those stunads are missing out on opportunity!” to “If it could work, somebody would be doing it now. Most likely, somebody tried it already and failed.”

chessyduck
    Participant

Well that did not take long. Perhaps Bustos is reading PDXradio.com . I noticed in Bustos Media’s has switched KOOR to its “Urbana” format. Does not KOOR have translator K260DK 99.9 available to them?

“La Urbana 1010” also appears in Bustos’ La Rola Android app While not yet added to the app the stream is here:

http://bustosradio.com:8021/urbana1010.m3u

Broadway
    Participant

Also noticed 1390 AM Salem with Hispanic format on yesterday.

chessyduck
    Participant

KZGD is now carrying “La Estación de la Familia” out of Kent, Washington:

https://lacadenadelafamilia.com/

The group also has LPTV licenses throughout the Northwest.

Gosh.. it’s not just all preaching and praise music… I am listening to a 10 minute newscast right now.. More than what Bustos emits…

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I heard the Spanish on 1010 this morning, as I had left the car radio tuned to CBR last night. However, I was in too much of a morning daze for it to register that I should have expected to hear Russian on KOOR.

Broadway
    Participant

Haven’t heard “La Estación de la Familia” 1460 AM in
    Stayton acquisition fire back up yet.

chessyduck
    Participant

I guess Salem Media gave up on “La Luz” Spanish-langauge Christian/Conservative format in Seattle. 1680 AM now runs as “La Patrona” with the typical syndicated shows such as “Don Cheto” ,etc. Their website is : https://lapatrona1680.com/

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by chessyduck.
    chessyduck
    Participant

Yes, KCKX has been absent ince the sale. I did hear Spanish on 1460 AM the other day but it was coming from KRRS in Santa Rosa, California.

chessyduck
    Participant

KCKX 1460 is back on the air this morning in parallel programming with AM 1390. Since La Cadena de la Familia is working on a buildout of two audio streams I could imagine 1460 could switch to their second stream….

Alfredo_T
    Participant

660 KXOR has been back on the air for a few days, but at greatly reduced power. They are now playing music from some kind of a revival service.

¡Aleluya!

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.