Northern OR Coast TV CP’s & Lic

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Northern OR Coast TV CP’s & Lic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

How can a station be listed as licensed and newer come on the air. I can understand a CP takings its’ time, but here on the North Coast, there are several that are listed as “Licensed” and yet are not on.

4 K04PH Analog Kenneth Lewetag (Lic since 2005, but never came on)

5 K05LE Analong Michael Mattson (Lic since 2005 but never came on)

15 K15IQ-D Digital CP H2 Stations

22 KHPN Digital LIC Edge BCing

28 K28FP-D Digital LIC Watch TV (Tested in 90s)

30 K30QL-D Digital CP H2 Stations (Moved from 38)

36 K36LI-D Digital CP H2 Stations

boisebill
    Participant

Nobody has apparently told the FCC that they weren’t on the air.

Shirley Knott
    Participant

If you’re ready to play TV, get in touch with one of the individual owners of a licensed but never on the air station. If you can afford to build, you can probably come to an arrangement with them.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Someone once told me that the CPs are there to be sold as an investment. The owner never planned to put these on, but if a company is interested, there is a lot of money selling a CP.

Shirley Knott
    Participant

FCC gives you 3 years to build a station. Then the CP expires. Tell them you built it, even if you didn’t, and you get a license. They will probably never check to see if a translator is really on the air.

It allows whoever applied for the CP to hold the property until they either build it or sell it to somebody. Quite immoral and even illegal, and therefore done all the time.

You can’t sell an expired CP without a lot of fancy legal help.

boisebill
    Participant

FCC’s been slowly deleting CP’s that are still on the books but never built. Some of those are many years old.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m disgusted with humanity, Shirley. This is why Trump is still in office!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.