No wonder he's such a fatty and a hypocrite

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things No wonder he's such a fatty and a hypocrite

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Chris Christie’s expense account tells a story of appetite and ambition, one that pits government waste versus the New Jersey governor’s waistline. Christie spent $360,000 from his state allowance during his five years in office. More than 80 percent of that money, or $300,000, was used to buy food, alcohol and desserts, according to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records released by the governor’s office.

Read the full story at
    http://watchdog.org/217942/christie-nj-expense-account/

paulwalker
    Participant

I would estimate that Christie has almost a zero chance of winning the GOP nomination. He is just too angry, with too much baggage. Insert your own joke here.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Corruption by the pound.

paulwalker
    Participant

Nice.

paulwalker
    Participant

Christie may be good for NJ, but what is good for NJ is not good for the country, IMO.

RobP
    Participant

Really? The best you can come up with is mocking someone’s weight? Fail.

And Christie doesn’t really care what a bunch of left-coast loons think. Or anyone else for that matter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0kng1HCmr0

Andy Brown
    Participant

Fact is, his popularity in his home state is at an all time low.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-christies-approval-rating-at-record-low-poll-finds/

skeptical
    Participant

Rob,

James Gandolfini: 6’1″, 275 lbs. Dead age 51:

Chris Christie: 5’11”, 315 lbs. Age 52:

missing_kskd
    Participant

The item posed for discussion was: Insert your own joke here

KSKD: Corruption by the pound.

Is that my best? Absolutely not, but I like it about as much as I like referring to Limbaugh as the Mound of Sound.

Truth is, I don’t care if somebody is fat, and it’s not a qualification for public office.

Let’s say, just for shits and giggles, that Christie is awesome. Would that joke hold? Not likely. Would most fat jokes? Again, not likely.

Know what would hold? Fat jokes about funny things he did, or some other more or less benign thing. Perfectly ordinary.

There are these too:

Christie 2016!

Making sure those who have the most get just a little more.
    Working hard for those who do the very least.
    Putting the ass in asshole.
    Because the GOP deserves the very worst.
    You can see where your tax dollars go!
    Living large so you don’t have to.

And so on. He’s easy pickings! Could go all day long and his weight is just icing on what is a very rich body of great material sourced from his less than stellar career in public service to date. Come on, it’s fun! Drop a few here and try it.

For bonus points, try Obama, or somebody else. The real value is seeing what sticks and what does not. Shitty people have a lot of shitty to work with, and what is the basis of good humor?

The fucking truth, that’s what! And there is a lot of truth to be seen in Christie. 🙂

Like I said, if he were actually somehow awesome, none of the cheap shots would pack a punch. But he’s not awesome. And so there you go.

Brianl
    Participant

I really like his no bullshit style. He’s incredibly blunt. Nothing wrong with that.

The substance behind the style, though, is really lacking.

Amus
    Participant

About fat jokes;

They’re childish.
    They’re too easy.
    They’re hurtful.
    They can be literally harmful.

Something I learned the hard way when I was a kid.

There are plenty of other things to go on about Christie.

Brianl
    Participant

I’m with you on that, Amus. Thankfully, I’ve developed an incredibly thick skin about them over the years, and just ignore it now.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Having grown up in NJ, I still have lots of friends and some relatives living in the state. The ones I have mentioned Christie to always shudder and say they can’t believe how much of a bully he is.

On a separate note, he has zero chance of winning the GOP bid.

He’s just too moderate and lacks discipline. Not to mention he’s scandal ridden.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/chris-christie-2016-president-republican-primary-overrated/

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Up until I was 16, I was the butt of many fat jokes.

In that era, it was OK to make fun of Polish people, too.

Amus
    Participant

heh heh heh!

Alfedo said “butt”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.