New York predictions? Let's have 'em!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

I thought it was more interesting to read how correct I was and how wrong KSKD was.

And I miss LG’s commentary as well.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Enough, both of you. It’s really getting old. Knock it off.

Quit troll-baiting.

Vitalogy
    Participant

It’s literally the same conversation 3+ years later with the benefit if hindsight. One guy was right, and another dead wrong. Just sayin.

paulwalker
    Participant

“Enough, both of you. It’s really getting old. Knock it off.

Quit troll-baiting.”

With all due respect, nosignalallnois, you were the one who brought this thread back. And then you complain about the responses?

semoochie
    Participant

As far as I can tell, WBAI no longer uses the Empire State Bldg. as its main transmitter but still lists it as an auxiliary site.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I imagine they still have to pay rent to the ESB owners. And now in addition to their main site? That’s going to bite them in the ass in the next few (couple?) years.

As I understand it, directives like “thou shalt position thy transmitter at such-and-such location” are handed down to the stations from Pacifica and it’s up to the station to fund it all on their own. That’s what got them into this mess in the first place.

////Sidenote: It appears the “2600” people did at least get their WBAI time slot back in November. I don’t know if they’re still running automated programming the rest of the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.