New Voices on "Video Only" Radio Ads

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio New Voices on "Video Only" Radio Ads

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chico 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

JBM
    Participant

If you’ve heard commercials for “Video Only” on the radio recently, perhaps you may have noticed they have changed both the male and female personalities. I’m not sure how long the previous lady and gentleman had been doing the ads, but I moved here in August 2000 and if my memory is correct, the couple who had been doing the ads go back at least to that time. They didn’t sound “old” or anything, but maybe the company or the ad agency decided a change was in order.

If “Video Only” changed ad agencies, might they have simply continued to use the same ad format but with talent from the new agency? I would think that if VO switched agencies, they would be going for an entirely fresh ad campaign, slogan, etc. and would break from the past entirely.

I’m just waiting for the day when VO changes its ad campaign or goes out of business. I have a “Saturday Night Live” style skit in mind to parody the final commercial. (Insert evil snicker here.)

semoochie
    Participant

I do not want Video Only to go out of business. It’s one of the few places that never gives me a hard sell. I go there first, when I’m looking for something or just have a question.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I’m proud to say that my wife and I have been two of the signature voices for Standard TV & Appliance for 25 years. Bill Schonely became their spokesperson in 1999. It was a great addition.

I certainly take nothing for granted and have felt so fortunate to have this great partnership with Bill Gander and the folks at Standard.

I wish the voices who were let go the best in the future.

Chico
    Participant

Good of you to wish the former voices well, because if you don’t, you’ll be sorry.

Joe_Ferguson
    Participant

You know, they could have moved away or gotten a better gig that precludes their continued recording for Video Only.

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

I noticed it right away, and I prefer the previous voices so much more.

And Chico, you made me laugh…

Chico
    Participant

Probably why Mrs. Chico has put up with me for so long, Mrs. Merkin. She laughed on our wedding night, so I figured I may as well build on that momentum.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.