New England Journal Of Medicine Exposes Truths About Planned Parenthood & GOP

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things New England Journal Of Medicine Exposes Truths About Planned Parenthood & GOP

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

That last quote is great Andy.

@Alfredo: I am a bit surprised that I never heard the Evangelical Christian community celebrate these songs as warnings of “this is what can happen to you if you choose to abort.”

Interesting. Seems to me, there is a political misalignment between those groups and Evangelicals overall, who much prefer to promote and leverage more “pure” music works. I do enjoy some Amy Grant, and remember seeing this clash when she chose to do some pop. Impure. Maybe this dynamic is more potent than we think.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Missing-

I was totally on the ground floor when Amy Grant went mainstream pop. She took some big hits from many of her fans.

While visitng Nashville in the late 80s early 90s for the DOVE Awards, my wife and I got to spend some time with Amy at a luncheon. We let her know that we loved her new pop album and how freeing it must be to cut loose and have fun just making good old fashioned pop music. She was gracious, warm and appreciated our support from some lowly Christian radio folks. Other CCM radio people had not been so embracing of her most recent music.

Met her again a few years later while working at Z100, and again, she was just as caring, warm and gracious as I remembered.

Smart lady, as real as they get. Not everyone’s musical taste, but certainly one of the good folks in music.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Cool. That’s great to know. The tunes I like, I really like, and interestingly for me, I don’t care if they are overtly religious or not.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.