New diginet on in Portland

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    kb101engineer
    Participant

American Classic Entertainment (ACE TV) is now on 26.3

kb101engineer
    Participant

For those not in range of Channel 26’s flea power signal:

26.1 The 24 hour Church of Jimmy
    26.2 Another shopping channel…
    26.3 ACE TV
    26.4 Heartland (Re-boot of the old Nashville Network)

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I can get 26.1 on my rabbit ears in Milwaukie, but I will have to rescan to pick up 26.3.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I checked and the channel has been on Roku for sometime, under “Glewed”. ACE is one of several smaller networks they have. I looked at it, but between the ads Glewed adds and the ads on ACETV, it is not enjoyable to watch…At least not under the Glewed app. Being a small diginet, it may be elsewhere on a stream though. Out here on the coast, we will never get 26, unless they end up on a stream sometime in the future. Some smaller channels have.

semoochie
    Participant

Is channel 26 back on? I haven’t been able to pick it up for awhile and the last time I checked, it overlooked my house! (Edit) I just rescanned and it’s back on.

boisebill
    Participant

Now to mix things up a little. Scripps acquiring KPXG 22.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by boisebill.
    washnotore
    Participant

The ION Media acquisition from Scripps. Means a digitnet shuffle is in the works. That puts Meredith owned KPTV/KPDX in a KECH-22 situation. Because they carry Katz Bsct (owned by Scripps) digitnets. Laff, Bounce, Grit and Court TV Mystery. The plan is to move these digitnet over to ION owned stations at a later time.

msndrspdx
    Participant

KPXG also carries NBC-owned Telemundo on 22.7 as well as a couple of major shopping channels. Could Retro and This TV end up on 22? Movies might be a possibility too. And depending on what happens at HC2 (KOXO, etc.), I can picture NBC LX landing at 22 as well. KPTV and KPDX might have some decisions to make soon. Comcast carries only the primary Ion feed off 22 and none of the subchannels at the moment. Besides that, it appears likely that 22 will channel share with KNMT TBN 24 – they share master control at KNMT’s Portland studio, correct?

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Besides that, it appears likely that 22 will channel share with KNMT TBN 24 – they share mas

As if 22’s video wasn’t bit-starved and blocky enough already. I mean, how many QVC simulcasts that probably nobody other than my mom actually watches does one market need at any given time?

LinleyG
    Participant

I receive the KJYY (RF 26) signal well above threshold at my house. I hate to be picky, but three of the four virtual channels on that carrier produce a black picture. The fourth, ACE TV, just makes a lumpy blue bar across the bottom. I get the same results on three different sets.

Have I some oddball problem or is this what everyone else is seeing?

Linley

boisebill
    Participant

It was published that the soon to be former ION now Scripps stations would continue (in the sales agreement) to carry ION programming, but the 3rd tier shopping, Qubo, and others would be dropped.

washnotore
    Participant

Most of the Scripps stations across the county. Have ABC network affiliation in there given market.

I can think of one situation in Philadelphia. Where ABC O&O WPVI has been stuck on VHF-Lo channel 6 since 2009.

I’m sure ABC would like to make a deal with Scripps. And move WPVI signal up the UHF band. To ION owned WPPX in the fourth largest TV market.

There maybe other station group owners. In certain parts of US. That would like buy the stronger ION signal for there own.

Once everything is all said and done. ION could just become another digitnet. With in Katz Broadcasting family.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by washnotore.
    msndrspdx
    Participant

The situation in Portland might be interesting because Sinclair owned KATU has several translators across the state while KPXG has none. Could we end up with two ABC stations, with Ch. 2 being the statewide station while Ch. 22 becomes the local one? (Most of the Scripps stations are known for having a strong local news commitment.) KPXG could have different content overnights and weekends, such as running ABC News Now live at 11:30 instead of Jimmy Kimmel, for example. Ion could be bumped down to 22.2 to make room for ABC. If KPXG were to take ABC on 22.1, Comcast would have to carry both of them.

To give you a sense of what Scripps generally does, here are two examples from the RabbitEars listings:

KGTV (10) San Diego: 10.1 ABC; 10.2 MeTV; 10.3 Laff; 10.4 Court TV Mystery.
    KNXV (15) Phoenix AZ: 15.1 ABC; 15.2 Antenna TV; 15.3 Laff; 15.4 Court TV.

And here’s the list of stations that Scripps currently owns. Translators and satellite stations aren’t in this list but the full list can be found on the RabbitEars website. In a few cases (such as Detroit MI), two stations are listed. One generally carries ABC and the other is a fulltime MyTV station.

WXYZ/WMYD Detroit MI • WFTS Tampa Bay FL • WSFL Miami FL • KMGH Denver • KCDO Sterling CO • WRTV Indianapolis • KSTU Salt Lake City • WMAR Baltimore • KMCI Lawrence KS • KSHB KS City • WTVF Nashville TN • WPTV/WHDT West Palm Beach FL • WCPO Cincinnati • KTNV Las Vegas • WTMJ Milwaukee WI • WTKR/WGNT Norfolk VA • WXMI Grand Rapids MI • WKBW Buffalo NY • WFTX Fort Meyers FL• KJRH Tulsa OK • KGUN Tucson AZ • WLWK Sturgeon Bay WI • WGBA Green Bay WI • WACY Appleton WI • KMTV Omaha • KOAA Pueblo CO • WLEX Lexington KY • KXXV Waco TX • WTXL Tallahassee FL • WSYM Lansing MI • KERO/KZKC Bakersfield CA • KSBY San Luis Obispo CA • KIVI Boise/Nampa ID • KRIS/KZTV Corpus Christi TX • KAJJ Kalispell MT • KPAX Missoula MT • KRHD Bryan TX • KTVO Billings MT • KSAW Twin Falls ID • KBZK Bozeman MT • KXLH/KTVH Helena MT.

And one more thing: If Scripps gets to keep Ch. 22 here, it would be nice if they got permission to change the call sign back to KECH. Most people around here still refer to it as “the old KECH” anyway.

boisebill
    Participant

Scripps also has quite a few NBC and FOX stations. Saw a CBS in there too.

mwdxer1
    Participant

If that is the case, then I am glad I have Dish as they carry 3 out 4 of the diginets. Mystery they do not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.