New diginet DABL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jbpdx
    Participant

Now on KPTV 12.4 Cooking, lifestyle etc.

Still need someone to add back Decades and ThisTV.

mwdxer1
    Participant

DABL streams for free, so I don’t need it OTA. Out here on the coast, KPTV/KPDX combo only, no diginets from either. At least 2/6/8/10 give us the diginets. Decades and THIS are on my big dish, but no DVR. Neither stream either.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Decades, ThisTV and Movies! need to start streaming. Looks like that will be the only way we’ll see them in Portland. I mean we don’t want to deprive Bounce and TBD from having two channels each here.

msndrspdx
    Participant

DABL has been popping up all over the place in the last few weeks, according to RabbitEars. Comcast Portland has dropped the KOIN feed of Bounce and is keeping the KPDX feed of that subchannel, at least for now. No indication yet that Comcast will take DABL, but who knows? Comcast has a bad habit of generally not announcing changes in their lineup in advance. Circle, a new country music themed channel being put together by Gaylord, which owns the Opry (and was the original owner of the old TNN), is signing up stations in advance of a planned launch next year. NBC is also planning to start up LX, a local/national news service, next year as well. Come on, HC2, get KOXO and friends up and going. And we still don’t know what KGW plans to do wuth KGWZ.

washnotore
    Participant

The low power stations KOXO-CD and KGWZ-LD, along with KPXG-LD. Have recently filed with the FCC. Stating why there currently off the air. It seems all three LPTV stations need a new antenna and equipment to return on the air by next year.

yahmit
    Participant

Anyone have an update on KJWY-LD returning to the air. Their new owner, Sagamorehill seems to run more mainstream, and not religious programming. Might be another alternative for some more diginets. Is KVDO going stick to home shopping?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I had an odd experience that coincided with the addition of this DABL channel. Last week, I re-scanned an old converter box, and it refused to receive RF channel 12. I was surprised, as I am in Hillsboro, and I have an antenna that has relatively high gain on the high VHF channels, pointed due east. Trying to manually force the addition of RF channel 12 did nothing. I could marginally receive the RF channel 18 translator from Newberg, even though my antenna is pointed the wrong way.

Yesterday, I tried to manually add RF channel 12, and I was successful. The “signal meter” reports 90%, which is what I also see on channel 8; RF channel 10 goes between 90 and 100%.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.