New Country “103.7 Tailgate Country”

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio New Country “103.7 Tailgate Country”

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Dxer1969
    Participant

But getting back to Tailgate, 1 roommate likes them. No ads, you see. Me? I like them too! Like the newer country tunes. The other dude that I live with likes the same music as Radio D. Am catching up on the newer rock cuz of that!

semoochie
    Participant

They don’t seem to be having any effect against the competition, at least not The Wolf. They might be affecting KUPL somewhat, or not. It’s hard to tell from the 6+ numbers but they haven’t shown up at all, which could either be because not enough people are listening or they just don’t subscribe to the ratings. Either way, I would think there would be a noticeable drop in both stations but the Wolf is “on fire” and The Bull stays about the same.

jr_tech
    Participant

How is translator K279BO (103.7) legally on the air? It was being fed from 105.9 HD-3, which seems to be MIA. Note: 105.9 HD-2 has very weak audio, but at least it is being transmitted. Importer/Exporter problems? Did the FCC relax the rules?

semoochie
    Participant

I brought this up recently because I was wondering the same thing. No one responded.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Weird. Figured Tailgate would have an impact on The Bull & The Wolf! Obviously, that is not exactly the case. They come in strong in the metro area, so I don’t know. Figured they would have made more of an impact. But, apparently not. Maybe some in KUPL’s case, maybe.

I listen to them on weekends. Like them! Maybe ratings do not matter so much then.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.