Neoliberalism and the rationalization of corporate tyranny

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Neoliberalism and the rationalization of corporate tyranny

This topic contains 31 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

missing_kskd
    Participant

https://medium.com/@rainershea/neoliberalism-and-the-rationalization-of-corporate-tyranny-d6e4d6b0f131

Here is that left divide made very clear. Fact is the party establishment is leaving too many people out, failing to improve, represent them meaningfully enough to garner support needed to win elections consistently.

Blame and same will prove completely ineffective tools. They breed deeper conflict, not resolve it.

Please proceed blame and shamers!

It will not go well. You do have options.

I suggest you consider them before we all have to suffer at the hands of hubris.

Andrew
    Participant

The voters did not support your agenda in the 2018 elections, Missing.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Sure they did. We got a nice caucus to begin 2019 with. I’m super happy about it. Now we have people working borh inside and on the ground.

Awesome progress! Just look at the rapid transformation on M4A from fantasy to issue number one. Progressives are doing better than they have in years.

Those same voters rejected neoliberal economics, favoring facists here as well as abroad.

Was you who said bottom up. Well, rhat is change in action, growth an progress each cycle.

Running those policies is a clear and growing risk.

While I will vote against the right, except for Clinton. Lol, if she is fool enough to run, and the party gives her the nomjnation again?

No. I will say that right now. Just no.

Meaning just about any of these people will be fine for me, I am not the problem.

I consistently point to those who are because they are driven by raw human need and have no reason to do otherwise. Unlike me, you, most of us here, they are wxtremely unlikely to see gains with the same politics and policy that got us here with way too many people struggling.

I know better than to blame and shame that. They are not wrong. And they lack options. I support every reform strongly too.

Not sure there is both a choice and winning elections consistently enough to matter.

We didn’t lose 1000 seats for no reason. Coming back from that requires real change.

What that means is putting what it takes for all American to improve, not just the minority of us likely to improve as has been the case for too long now.

Should we not do that, and lose?

We deserve that loss. The nation needs a real left, not one that just plays one on social issues

Vitalogy
    Participant

How’s Trump working out for ya?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Same as for you.

It is not me trying to shame and blame an increasingly desperate and growing body of people with no real options and no power for the hubris those with power demonstrated to bring us this negative outcome.

Honestly, you are kind of a prick. Laughable really.

Just remember, she smsould have and could have won.

Didn’t care enough about you to do the fucking work yet here you are trying to carry her water. Dumbass.

semoochie
    Participant

It would appear that the main reason Hillary lost the election is because of a massive illegal campaign to prevent black democrats from voting!

missing_kskd
    Participant

Lol, and before that, it was “the Russians.”

She did not do the work. Made poor campaign choices, like not even setting foot in Wisconsin, one of the important States.

We got Trump due to hubris and ineptitude.

Andrew
    Participant

Bernie didn’t “do the work” either and also must have made even worse campaign choices, given that he did not win the nomination. So – the candidate who did the most work and ran the best campaign won the Democratic primary.

In a super close election like 2016’s, you can always identify a dozen causes. Russian meddling. Voter suppression in Republican-controlled states. Media obsession and distraction with a complete non-issue (Hillary’s email server). Bernie’s primary challenge that motivated a nasty group against her. James Comey’s October Surprise. You can probably think of even more reasons.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yes Bernie didn’t do the work. And he started his campaign is a nobody 60 points down. Ended up winning 22 States and 45% of the delegates. He did just fine. Definitely a greater show strength and Clinton showed. Given all of her qualifications, that election should have been a slam dunk. It however, was not.

Had Bernie done just a little bit better, he would have ran against Trump, and I think he would have won easily.

I think Clinton, despite the hubris, could also have one pretty easily. Just didn’t do the work. Also made some bad choices.

The concern today however, is winning this time.

Every post I have made here is aimed right at that goal.

I am very deeply concerned we as a party, get in front of people with great candidates that will deliver solid econokic representation.

We do that, and beating Trump is not going to be a problem, and we’re going to make progress on things that are really urgent to make progress on.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yes Bernie didn’t do the work. Rather, wasn’t able to do enough work. You go talk to Sanders, Weaver in the core team, and they’ll tell you that. There’s more they could have done, but rather unable to the resources, or just simple name recognition there wasn’t time.

And he started his campaign as a nobody 60 points down. Ended up winning 22 States and 45% of the delegates. He did just fine. Definitely a greater show strength and Clinton showed. Given all of her qualifications, that election should have been a slam dunk. It however, was not.

Had Bernie done just a little bit better, he would have ran against Trump, and I think he would have won easily.

I think Clinton, despite the hubris, could also have one pretty easily. Just didn’t do the work. Also made some bad choices.

The concern today however, is winning this time.

Every post I have made here is aimed right at that goal.

I am very deeply concerned we as a party, get in front of people with great candidates that will deliver solid econokic representation.

We do that, and beating Trump is not going to be a problem, and we’re going to make progress on things that are really urgent to make progress on.

If we don’t do that, then we suffer this Rift in the party and the election outcomes are far greater risk. We may not win simple as that. And I want to win. And I want to make progress.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Oh no. Bernie did the work. For Trump.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Now you are. No joke. Go big with all that garbage. It will help the GOP.

I got much better things to do.

Andrew
    Participant

Dividing the Democrats will help the GOP more than anything else. Some of us are willing to accept a less-than-perfect candidate in 2020 in order to defeat Trump; some will still use the “purity test” and help Trump get re-elected by not supporting a less-than-perfect Democratic nominee.

missing_kskd
    Participant

People are no longer in support of the establishment economic vision.

Talking about how that helps the gop, who could give a fuck, is unproductive blame and shame.

Heck, I just saw ‘No Empathy” Biden tell them to sit down and shut up. But I digress.

“The Democrats” are rouglhy a quarter of us. Indies are near half, and they trend both young and progressive.

The party has not performed, lost over 1000 seats recently, and has failed to attract new voters, and has lost a lot of voters.

Dividing is not necessarily the right word, given the party expects votes from very large numbers of people it does not represent economically.

There are solid reasons why I am talking about and fully supporting VOTE FOR party reformers.

Winning elections is at the top of the list.

People do not have to vote. And they do not have to vote for others benefit either.

In addition to that pickle, we have clowns out there preventing votes entirely!

Now is not the time to be blathering from on high. It is exactly the time to get behind policy people want to vote for.

Of course the current party majority in office is not getting paid to do that, are they? No, of course not! They are getting paid to continue failed economic policy and somehow convince the now majority impacted in this country that is a good idea!

Good luck! I do not think doing what the party leaders are doing is a winning strategy.

Push comes to shove, yeah. I will toss a no GOP vote out there, but it is increasingly likely to not be enough.

Bigger risk every year we ignore the top issues and their ongoing, ugly impact on more Americans every year. You all know what they are too, as if!

Yes, Andrew some of us are. I am willing to take yet another corporate Dem. I, you and others are still doing OK, and may even see gains.

That is not the problem. It is the very large and growing body of people unwilling, because they are not doing OK and are not going to see gains, coping at best! What is in it for them?

They care about you and me avout as much as we care about them. I care. A lot. You wrote here, along with Vitalogy, “their fault” enough times to make it completely obvious you care only so far as you, yourself might be bothered, fuck em otherwise.

That just is not Democratic in the party of the people sense, with predictable results too.

Guess what? We are not in the struggling group where increasingly large numbers are no longer willing to continue to back shitty policy to avoid even more shitty policy.

That is where the problem, the divide is.

The way to resolve it is to actually put policy out there those people can connect to a net positive econonomic future. Less worse is still worse. Won’t be good enough.

Maybe it will actually take yet another wave of economically displaces Americans before the roughly third of us doing OK realize it can’t just be about us and about winning elections.

Sure hope not, but you two do not inspire confidence.

See, there has to be something in all this for them, or you pay the price lkke everyone else does.

Now maybe you are well enough off to not worry so much. How many of your peers can say the same today? What about 4, 5 years from today?

Decade?

The people saying no just got seats. They are in government now. And there will be more of them. Just like a lot of people said they must do too.

So why all the fuss?

Oh yeah! You, yes actually you! You might just have to recognize “little” or “low priority” things like health care, living wages matter!

And they do. Bet your ass. That is what all this is about.

Like I said, we either suck it up, offer up policy to improve it for all Americans, you know be that party of the people as opposed to the party of working professionals only, or we deserve to lose because we sure as fuck won’t have asked for, nor did the work for the votes way too many expect because Trump.

You go right ahead. Fear, blame and shame us right into Trump 2.0, with a side of President Pence.

Those people looking for better have not seen it in decades. You have. I, and others have.

That is most of the party, dwarfed by both people experiencing unnecessary need, and indie voters overall.

That is Hubris, the Clinton left. The Sanders, Cortez part of the left is moving to reform.

Good. It is long past time given terrible representation seen for the last couple decades.

People pretend to support the party that pretends to represent them. As they damn well should.

Want the votes? Best start working for the voters, not the big money.

That’s where the left is.

And I love and have shared the shitting on me for speaking truth here too. Very helpful.

Or… maybe just go watch the talking heads on the TV keep telling you “those other people” are the problem, same as the GOP does.

Frankly, I find it embarassing.

Purity my ass! People using the political process to get after a better future is democracy. Did any of you honestly think favoring the top for over 40 years was just gonna work?

Trickle down?

LMAO!

Now here we are with whole generations coming up, having to build a life, the real products of this policy and the only real surprise is all the pearl clutching going on. That’s actually hilarious!

Please proceed.

😀

Andrew
    Participant

Missing: “People are no longer in support of the establishment economic vision.”

No. *YOU* and a small number of people are no longer in support of the “establishment economic vision.”

Your belief that your economic views are the views of some silent majority of Americans is not borne out by recent election results. Lefty-left candidates won in only extremely lefty-left areas. We’ve always had very left-wing people in elected office from very liberal districts. The election of people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in very liberal areas is nothing new and not a trend.

You can believe in the Easter Bunny if you want – but without evidence, it’s just your BELIEF, not fact. There is NO EVIDENCE that some silent majority that agrees with you is out there – or they are, they are simply not voting. Which is basically the same thing: if some group you think exists chooses not to vote the way you want or not at all, who cares about their views?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.