My GOP nominee prediction

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    warner
    Participant

Keep in mind, none of this actually matters to me, as I wouldn’t vote for any of these GOP nutjobs for anything. I just think after all the craziness, someone more bland and low key, like Rubio, who is also wrong about almost everything, will prevail. And then get stomped in the General.

Vitalogy
    Participant

It’s never too early to make predictions. Isn’t that the fun part of making a prediction, is to take a chance ahead of time to predict what will happen? Are you guys a bunch of pussies not willing to put out your thoughts today, given what we know today?

I can’t guarantee that Trump will win, but his ability to linger should show he has staying power. And he’s got a loyal following. Plus, he appeals to all the low income bigots who think they too might someday be rich (even though they have zero chance regardless of who’s elected).

The GOP has a huge fucking problem on their hands. I think Trump is a big enough ego-jerk to continue on until the bitter end. Not a good scene for the GOP, but I look forward to the fight between the right.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I’ll join you with Trump. He’s in it big, and those who support him right now aren’t happy with anyone else.

skeptical
    Participant

Admittedly, Trump is faring like Dick Cheney’s heart, but the odds of either of the surviving to election day is still dismally low. I think I’ll go with the candidate with two functioning marbles — Lindsay Graham.

Vitalogy
    Participant
    radiodork
    Spectator

Donald trump will be the Gop nominee, I think that’s obvious. His numbers continue to skyrocket. Hillary Clinton will unfortunately be our next president. I cant see Donald beating Hillary. Although Hilary’s bullshit rhetoric is becoming just as bad if not worse than trumps. Did you see the last democratic debate? Mankind up statements about trump that were simply not true.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Could be Cruz too. He’s playing a smart game, just waiting for trump to fail.

I don’t think Trump will though. His base is all in. They want Trump and they don’t care about much else.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Well, Trump is by far the biggest loudmouth and celebrity! He receives the Lions share of media attention. Except for Cruz, the rest of them sound like generic dolts. Unimpressive. Or like whiny wimps. I myself, kind of like Rubio. He seems the less bat shit or wimpy out of the bunch. And halfway intelligent.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Kinda fun looking back at prior posts.

We are basically 2 months past this thread, and I think everyone can agree that Trump is in a dominating position, even more so than I would have thought 2 months ago. At this point I think his nomination is more or less a guarantee looking at the upcoming primaries on the GOP side.

What I struggle with is who I want to be the GOP nominee against Hillary. My first choice would be Ted Cruz. I hope to the spaghetti monster he wins out in the end. But, I don’t see it happening, especially when Cruz loses Texas to Trump.

So, Trump or Rubio? Trump has an enormous unfavorable rating with the general population. But, he’s a wild card enough to the point that he may just prove the movie Idiocracy becomes reality a few hundred years sooner.

Does the left want Hillary to face Rubio or Trump? That’s the million dollar question. I lean towards Trump, but I’m here to say I worry about him too. Rubio, not as much.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Cool! You brought this thread back from the dead! I was going to do it just for fun, but you beat me to it. My opinion? Trump! He will be the nominee. At least, in 2016 this will be damn interesting!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.