My election predictions

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I think you’re ultimately going to end up disappointed on a wide array of issues.

Andy Brown
    Participant

The far right will be the group most dissatisfied with the Trump presidency. All those campaign ‘promises’ will disappear from his agenda over time when he realizes that the presidency is not like being CEO of a company that you own majority stock in.

Remember ‘no new taxes’ or ‘we don’t negotiate with terrorists from Dubya I and Ronnie? Then there was Nixon, your boy, who announced that the White House had nothing to do with the Watergate break in while he was campaigning for his second term. Nixon won, but his cover-up didn’t last long.

There won’t be a wall along the border. Too expensive and no, Mexico won’t be paying for it.
    There won’t be much of any Trump campaign promise that is achieved as promised and there certainly won’t be an overturning of Roe v Wade. The more extreme the judge nominated, the longer the filibuster will go on. After all it’s worked for the GOP for years. And if they elect to change the filibuster rules (the nuclear option), they will be shooting themselves in the foot. It’s a precedent I don’t think the GOP really wants to explore.

Without 60 seats in the Senate, no president and no party can achieve their aims without compromise and Trump’s compromises will include throwing the far right bible pounding contingent under the bus.

Wait, you’ll see. If I were you I’d be preparing for recession and war.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.