Morse Code embedded in pop song as message to Columbian Hostages

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Morse Code embedded in pop song as message to Columbian Hostages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/7483235/the-code-colombian-army-morsecode-hostages

Listen to the tune. This is very well done, and a great story of creativity and passion.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

This is pure genius, although the Morse code sounds very subtle to me. Perhaps, people who are very experienced in copying Morse code can easily decipher the message. The Jeremiah Denton (“TORTURE”) story was pretty good, as well.

missing_kskd
    Participant

It is subtle.

What happens with skilled code listeners is a word will just “pop” into their head. Something easy, like “you” or “the” will just be heard as an ordinary word would be.

Only takes a few of those for word to get around. The rest can be decoded from memory, perhaps a word or two per play of the song.

The coupling of “give them radio” with the family call out programs is really intriguing to me as well.

Amus
    Participant

What happens with skilled code listeners is a word will just “pop” into their head.

I can attest to that.

While I am by no means a skilled code listener, I learned Morse Code when I was an adolescent.

Even though I haven’t used code for years I can recognize “fuck” and “shit” immediately.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.