More Trouble For KBOO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant
    Andy Brown
    Participant

I’m not the least bit surprised. KBOO has never learned that details count and should have delayed their board of directors voting/changes/whatever until the MX was decided and not applied for the waiver. It would be a lot easier to suspend their own organizational rules then take this loss, and I don’t doubt they were advised as such back then but in the typical KBOO style, took no heed of the potential hurdles they might create. The applicable rules are quite clear about a 50% board change. The FCC has now blocked their attempt to dance around the rules, as they should. The FCC’s mistake was accepting their waiver and then letting them reach a settlement so that the Petition For Reconsideration would be off the FCC books, but it was clear that the next round of litigation would only put the issue right back in the FCC’s lap.

radiogeek
    Participant

KBOO directors changing is nothing new. This reminds me of the huge fight over control of the station a few years ago. I believe nearly every director changed as many resigned and were replaced during the chaos.

Right now there are two open seats being filled by appointment, not long after an election for four seats. I believe this means right now they are poised to change 50% again in less than a year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.