Mitt Says No Clown Car Ride in '16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

Mittens says that he’s out for 2016, the GOP will need someone else to drive the Clown Car in the next election.

Mitt Romney will not run for president in 2016

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/mitt-romney-will-not-run-for-president-in-2016/

edselehr
    Participant

But what about the “Mitt for President” industrial complex? Doesn’t he have any compassion for the thousands of people who won’t be able to work on another failed Mitt campaign? I’m sure there are entire communities of people who have come to depend on the work they get canvassing for Mitt and getting doors slammed in their faces.

Job creator, indeed!

duxrule
    Participant

That’s probably just the issue. The Koch Brothers informed him that he wasn’t going to be able to suck on that tit, so Mitt decided to cut bait, instead.

Amus
    Participant

In a post-Citizens United world, even Mitt cannot finance his own campaign with the billions he’s absconded with by eliminating other peoples jobs, and cashing in on their pensions.

Amus
    Participant

binders full of women

It’s a Mormon thing.

edselehr
    Participant

Oh well…I guess we’ll have to turn our attention to John Ellis “Jeb” Bush.

And what is it with Republicans and strange nicknames? Gipper? Mitt? Jeb? Scooter? Is it a fraternity thing?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I wonder how much this might have to do with the party not wanting to alienate the conservative Evangelical Protestants within its base. To them, the beliefs of the LDS church are heresy.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I believe it is, right along with it being a small town, boys club thing.

Don’t know about you guys, but my little town group developed many of these types of behaviors. Getting your nickname was a rite of passage of sorts.

Sure, there are the quick, ad-hoc ones. Those didn’t matter.

When people who matter, or who you have just known forever adopt one and it catches on, that’s part of your town identity. Helps define “home” in a sense.

Ours are still used on that odd occasion when we happen to meet up. They are almost forgotten, until one pops up, and then the memories flood back, and it’s as if much less time has passed.

These guys have traveled in various circles, and there is a commonality there for them they probably desire to communicate. The circles are different, but the dynamics really aren’t.

TL;DR Folksy, in other words.

missing_kskd
    Participant

@Alfredo, that is likely.

Romney not being “in the right God club” was a very significant exception in his campaign.

I’m quite sure that has not changed, and may have even intensified given how the GOP has generally solidified around the evangelical types.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I was sort of hoping he would give it another go. MITT: Because the GOP deserves the very worst. Loved that one.

Oh well, maybe somebody will go ahead and pick Cain for VP. He’s awesome entertainment.

edselehr
    Participant

I wonder how much of a sacrificial lamb Romney was meant to be in 2012…whenever running against a president with incumbent advantage its an uphill battle of some sort. Yes, I know that the GOP convinced itself that Obama was vulnerable in ’12, but I think the real movers and shakers in the smoke-filled rooms knew that beating Obama would be a bit of a long shot, so they let the GOP field get as big as it wanted, and used ’12 as a way to vet candidates for ’16.

Now that a real chance of winning is coming around, the money men are being more discriminating. And, they likely learned their lesson of ’12 that the field should be narrowed as quickly as possible. If only they could control those Tea Party party-crashers…

missing_kskd
    Participant

I didn’t think of that.

Bet you will prove right about it too.

MITT: No worries he has plenty left.

Of course I also now wonder just who was placing bets on how much Mitt would waste propping up his ego. 🙂

duxrule
    Participant

Cain is old news. Ben Carson is the Token Negro du Jour.

edselehr
    Participant

Seems like the GOP needs even more desperately a Token Hispanic du jour. Wonder if they’ll ever track down such an elusive person?

Amus
    Participant

Isn’t Rubio supposed to fill that role?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.