Misc. Portland Media Thread

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DanOregon 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DanOregon
    Participant

So is KGW going to bring in a new anchor or two or are their ratings doing okay since the departures of Donlan and Barry?

paulwalker
    Participant

Donlan at WGN, and Barry retiring.

So, yes, Tegna will bring in new anchors. I would expect some young and up and comers for a market like Portland. My best guess would be anchors 35 or younger. Age discrimination is not legal with tv news anchors…(ha ha)…

lastday
    Participant

Age discrimination is still very real. And unfortunately very hard to prove.

paulwalker
    Participant

Could KGW be looking to pluck former reporter and current main anchor at KREM in Spokane, Mark Hanrahan? Both are Tegna stations. Why not also look at his co-anchor in Spokane, Jane McCarthy who has experience at KING in Seattle? Just speculating here…

DanOregon
    Participant

Obviously the new guy – Dan Haggerty (no beard, and this one is alive) hasn’t quite hit my radar. He was hired in October.

DanOregon
    Participant

And after a almost three month hiatus – Haggerty and his wife are back on the KGW website. Really odd. The twitter feed was quiet.
    Anybody know what the deal was?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.