Mike Tanner, Former Kisn-FM, KUPL AM/FM DJ Dies

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Mike Tanner, Former Kisn-FM, KUPL AM/FM DJ Dies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Graigg Neff reports former Kisn-FM Good Guy MIKE TANNER has died at age 68. Mike died of a massive heart attack last Tuesday (1-13-15) in Monroe, Washington. Mike Tanner was first heard in Portland on Country “K-98” KUPL-AM/FM mid-days on March 16, 1984. Mike moved to Oldies “Kisn 91” mid-days in December 1987 which became Kisn-FM two months later. Mike worked at Kisn-FM to May 1993.

Mike wasn’t just a “Good Guy’ he was a Great Guy and fun to be around! Mike has been one of the most asked about jocks that broadcast on Kisn-FM over the years. He will be missed.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Bob Harlow reports Mike passed away at Providence Mt. Hood hospital. He worked at KLDE Houston from 1994 to 1995. Additionally Mike also worked at KBSG Seattle.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Condolences. Mike was a true pro!

jody_marie69
    Participant

I would like to say thank you for the kind words about my dad, Mike Tanner and I would like to correct that he passed away on January 6, 2015.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Thanks for the correction. Will there be an obituary? Would like to know the date Mike was born and in what city or town?

Waynes World
    Participant

I met Mike once. I told him my mom grew up in Pueblo Colorado and so did he

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Mike Tanner aka Michael Anthony Baldwin, Sr. Born Sept 10, 1946. passed away January 6, 2015.

http://www.anewtradition.com/obituaries/obituary/10735_Michael_Anthony_Baldwin_Sr

Lori_Shannon
    Participant

Mike holds a special place in my heart. I was fresh out of broadcasting school and Mike brought me on as his intern at KISN. I was scraping by as single parent and out of the blue Mike gave me $300 so I could have a nice Xmas with my daughter. I will never forget him. RIP my friend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.