MGM and Sinclair Broadcasting To Debut Sci-Fi Diginet

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio MGM and Sinclair Broadcasting To Debut Sci-Fi Diginet

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Thanks!

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thank you. I did send them an email.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I got a reply today from KATU. It seems KATU will switch Get TV to The Comet sometime this Winter, but there is no set date as yet. Corporate will tell them when the time comes I guess. She was sorry for the disappointment, but it is out of their hands what Corporate decides. I doubt very much if we will get KUNP anytime soon OTA here being a LP station. She did not know if Get TV was going elsewhere or being dropped. I guess we will have to wait and see. In the meantime I will try to catch as many of the older specials as I can.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Probably on 1 January. Whether KPDX picks up Grit ??? But it is a sister network to Escape. For now, Rabbitears shows Get going to 47.3.

Jbpdx
    Participant

New development: Media General (owner of KOIN) stations around the U.S. are adding subchannels, Grit on many of them…

washnotore
    Participant

How about this for digitnet shuffle in Portland.

Me-TV and it’s sister network Heroes and Icons. Should move over to KOIN. Since KATU owned Sinclair has it’s own digitnet programing (like Comet TV and American Sports Network). It like to place on it’s stations. At least under this plan. Get TV and Grit wouldn’t have to move around as much. Between KATU/KUNP.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I also have Dish and Dish added Get TV a couple weeks ago, the national feed. I wonder how many other diginets will end up on Dish? I never expected a national feed, but the local KATU’s diginet in time. Dish already has FETV that shares with COZI and Blue Highway’s TV that shares with Laff.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Here it is Jan 1st and KATU 02.03 is still Get TV. The person I spoke to said that Comet TV will replace Get TV once the contract runs out, but the date was not mentioned.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Switchover to Comet TV on 2.3 must be imminent. The on air program listings are showing Comet programming today.

washnotore
    Participant

Looks like Comet TV is coming online Friday Jan 15.

https://www.minetfiber.com/article/147

KATU is dropping Get TV (2.3) and replacing it with COMET TV on the same channel. The change will occur on 1/15/16.

If Get TV were to move to 2.4. Then KATU would need a new en encorder. To broadcast four streams.

Also word is coming out that Sinclair’s own American Sports Network. Will be expanding programing this year.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2016-01-05/division-ii-announces-national-showcase-television-package-american

The network recently signed TV package for NCAA Division II basketball games.

One has to wonder how this will affect Me-TV and Comet TV programing.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Damn! I can remember when there was only 5 stations on. We were happy campers. T.V shows were mostly all good. Liked it that way. Now? Way too many stations. And half of them are crap! Only have so much time. Cannot possibly watch that much TV. What they are doing now? Kind of makes me sick. The greedy bastards. No wonder people are what they are. Buying these big ass TV’s. Doing the stupid retarded black fucking Friday shit. The cyber Monday shit. You only have so much time! Why waste it parking your ass in front of a stinking TV? Watching mostly juvenile retarded shit. Like these stupid cartoons. Ugh!! Society? Maybe it deserves to die. Fail. Regress. Whatever. Republicans are not the only ignorant idiots. It is mostly American society at large.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Rabbitears still says Get TV is moving to KUNP 47.3, replacing Grit.

semoochie
    Participant

Some of us remember only three stations and still others, none at all.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I don’t get 47 very well on my rabbit ears. Damn.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Portland needs an independent station like this one in Kansas City that can carry a bunch of the OTA networks. A good example of how many subchannels can be handled:

25-01 25.1 480i DD2.0 Buzzr TV
    25-02 25.2 480i DD2.0 Justice Network
    25-03 25.3 480i DD2.0 Queue Network
    25-04 25.4 480i DD2.0 Heartland
    25-05 25.5 480i DD2.0 NewsMax TV
    25-06 25.6 480i DD2.0 WeatherNation
    25-07 25.7 480i DD2.0 Rev’n
    25-08 25.8 480i DD2.0 Untamed Sports TV
    25-09 25.9 480i DD2.0 Retro TV
    25-10 25.10 480i DD2.0 The Works

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.