MGM and Sinclair Broadcasting To Debut Sci-Fi Diginet

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio MGM and Sinclair Broadcasting To Debut Sci-Fi Diginet

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

I believe that Jbpdx just explained that.

Jbpdx
    Participant

There are other examples: KTVW in Phoenix carries 33.1 and 33.2 in 1080i. They also have 33.3 and 33.4 in 480p. So KATU and KUNP could add more subchannels.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Sinclair has added Comet on 2.3 but they DROPPED Get TV. No one has picked it up yet. Not good.

jr_tech
    Participant

I’m still getting get on 2-3 (OTA), when is the change going to occur?

Jbpdx
    Participant

Comet launches on Halloween. Also, rabbitears deleted Grit from 47.3 so a channel shift might be under way.

mwdxer1
    Participant

That is too bad. I have enjoyed Get TV as they have been running all of those old variety shows that are hard to find.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I doibt KUNP will have any translators being low power.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Email from KATU:

We do not currently have a start date for Comet TV which will be airing on channel 2.3, replacing GetTV. It may happen before the end of the year or around the start of 2016.

If you like sci fi, you will enjoy Comet TV.

mwdxer1
    Participant

That is good to know. I have really enjoyed the old variety shows on Get TV and I have a bit more time until they drop it. Here on the coast I still have my big satellite dish and much of the sub channel fare is available FTA on the big dish. Get TV and Antenna TV are not.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Let’s hope it’s picked up. If not a KUNP/KPDX channel shuffle, KOIN? It’s a good network. KGWZ 46 will (hopefully) drop religious programming soon (lease expiring?) since Daystar took ownership of KPXG-LD 42.1-42.3 That’s another possibility. And KGW can dump that Justice Network…

mwdxer1
    Participant

I am also not a fan of Justice TV. I have been hoping KGW would add something better. As far as The Comet, unless it shows up on KATU or KOIN, We will not get it on the coast. But it looks like Get TV will be dropped for The Comet.

washnotore
    Participant

Sci-Fi subchannel network Comet TV is set to launch on Oct. 31 with at least eight out of ten affiliates in the Pacific Northwest, all of them owned by network partner Sinclair Broadcast Group. Comet TV’s initial lineup includes cult classics “Outer Limits” and “Stargate SG-1” but also six hours per day of paid programming.

The network’s website is listing affiliates including
    KOMO/4.2 (Seattle), KLEW/3.3 (Lewiston), KYUU/35.3 (Boise), KMTR/16.3 (Eugene), KTCW/46.3 (Roseburg), KMBC/23.3 (Coos Bay), KUNW/2.2 (Yakima), and KVVK/15.2 (Tri Cities).

It appears Comet will displace getTV in Portland, unless they’re moving to new channel. Or waiting for the contract to end. As well displacing Grit in Medford. This TV will be moving to KCPQ in Seattle.

KLEW in Lewiston is considered part of the Spokane TV market. Even though it is a satellite station of KEPR/KVVK in Tri Cities. In Eugene KMTR is LMA with Sinclair owned KVAL and it’s satellite stations.

Note: Some of these old Sci Fi movies that will appear on Comet TV. Were seen many moons ago, on KATU Sinter Cinema program.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Until recently when KATU finally switched our translator to digital, we get not have METV or Get TV OTA here. Having both have been wonderful. Both channels are very popular here OTA on the coast. Get TV will be missed if dropped. I was hoping Sinclair would just add a 2.4, but I guess that is not in the works. I have especially enjoyed the old variety shows Get TV have been running.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

If you’ll miss GetTV, write to KATU:

custserv@katu.com

Since the date is still uncertain, maybe they’re not fully committed yet.

Jbpdx
    Participant

According to rabbitears, Get TV will be moving to 47.3 in place of Grit. No word on where Grit goes, probably to 49.3.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.