MeTV Music on 104.5

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  semoochie 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I have been enjoying the MeTV Music* format that is now on KXXP. The programming sounds very similar to what is on KBPS during the weekends. The only difference, of course, is that MeTV Music has very brief commercial interruptions, whereas KBPS has none.

I listened late yesterday evening, and it sounded as though MeTV Music used voice tracking with very limited breaks (perhaps, one out of every three to five songs was announced). I was left wondering, do all the dayparts sound the same, or do some time slots have more of a human presence (even if it is not live)?

* The official branding on the network’s logo is MeTV FM, but there is one affiliate that calls itself “MeTV Music” because its primary station is on AM.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I can’t receive it in Milwaukie.

semoochie
    Participant

Their protected contour ends somewhere in Gresham, so you can’t really expect a lot.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Possibly, some type of diffraction phenomenon over the West Hills is my friend out in Hillsboro, with regards to receiving KXXP. The reception using a rooftop log-Yagi is relatively noise-free. I can hear the station on a Walkman style radio, but I have to carefully position the headphone cord, and the signal is noisy. The station can be heard on a car radio, but there is noticeable multipath, and there is another station that occasionally pops in.

semoochie
    Participant

The only other station in the area is 7 watts in Astoria. I would be surprised if it occasionally “pops in”. It could be a pirate.

jr_tech
    Participant

104.7 KDUK is fairly strong in the Hillsboro area, perhaps it could interfere with a weak 104.5.

semoochie
    Participant

I would think that KDUK’s “interference” would be fairly consistent in Hillsboro.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Radio-Locator lists the Astoria translator as 70 Watts, but I agree that it would be very unlikely to be heard in Hillsboro. I will have to keep listening to see if I can repeat my observation.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I sampled their stream at http://metv.fm/kxxp and I wasn’t impressed.

Screamer
    Participant

It’s kinda spotty in NE Portland. Not really my cup of tea as far as an oldies/classic hits format.

semoochie
    Participant

I think you’re right and I looked at it wrong. Maybe, it is Astoria.

W7PAT
    Participant

No problem hearing it in the Aloha/Beaverton area (except maybe close to Tualatin Mtns.). I can hear it fine on my portable radio and in the car driving around.

semoochie
    Participant

*Tualatin Mountains = West Hills.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.