METV+ & Grey TV Buys Meredith stations

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio METV+ & Grey TV Buys Meredith stations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I just read that May 15th, Weigel is launching another network, METV+. He already has METV, H&I, Start TV, and well as H&I. I think he is part owner in Decades too. I wonder if anyone in Portland will add METV+? Nexstar is starting up Rewind in September. Tegna just added Twist.

With Grey TV buying KPTRV/KPDX, I wonder what changes will be made?

washnotore
    Participant

Grey TV is coming to Northwest. The only nearby by stations they currently own. Are in Anchorage (KTUU) , Honolulu (KHNL) and Reno (KOLO).

Grey does have a diginet channel called Circle. The programing is old Country Western theme of music and other shows during that time. They also carry Hee Haw.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by washnotore.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by washnotore.
    msndrspdx
    Participant

A Facebook page I follow reports that Gray TV is buying all the stations currently owned by Meredith. In Portland, that means KPTV and KPDX will have new ownership in the near future, assuming the FCC green lights the deal. I’d say approval is probably likely. That probably will end the use of the Fox 12+ nickname that KPDX has been using for awhile. Nobody understands it or gets it here. What’s the reputation of Gray? Good, bad? It’ll be interesting to see what Gray does with KPDX. KPTV likely keeps Fox. Gray hopefully will get rid of the “First, live, local!” tag line they’ve been using to promote their newscasts for quite some time.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Circle, I have seen them, as they stream for free. I presume it will end up on one of the stations.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by mwdxer1.
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I know nothing about them, except they have been around a long time. Started in 1946. Hope they keep the translators.

msndrspdx
    Participant

I forgot to mention that the story of Gray’s purchase of the Meredith stations was first reported by Variety yesterday. Circle carries the Saturday night Opry show not only on its own network, but on Facebook and YouTube as well. They also stream on Xumo, which Comcast has as one of its free apps. Portland is among the last of the major markets not to have Circle available over the air. If Gray adds it on KPTV or KPDX, I think it would be a popular choice. This TV and Decades would be popular adds as well. Heroes & Icons would do well here, too. Rewind, which will be promoted as Antenna TV’s sister network, stands a good chance of landing at KOIN or KRCW, most likely the latter. This could be an interesting summer with all these sub channels moving around.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I really want Decades back. I is a great diginet. I was upset when Nexstar dropped it for Bounce. Local KOIN did not want to drop it I was told, but Nexstar call the shots. They had no choice. In this day, I doubt many local stations have any say on what diginets they carry.
    I still have Dish and they carry a bunch of diginets, METV, H&I, Start TV, Laff, Bounce, Grit, Buzzr, Comet, and Cozi.They do not carry Decades or Antenna TV.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.