Meredith may be selling their stations

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Meredith may be selling their stations

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I read on another site that Meredith may be selling their stations. The info says that they want to concentrate on their book business. I wonder who will buy them?

washnotore
    Participant

My guess would be Terrier Media or Grey Television.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I was thinking of Grey Television…

Master of Disaster
    Participant

The Master of Disaster likes sourced information, so the Master of Disaster found some: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/report-meredith-considering-selling-local-tv-stations/ar-BB1ffabn

Report: Meredith considering selling local TV stations
    Thomas Moore

Media conglomerate Meredith is considering selling its 17 local television stations, realigning the company to focus on its magazine business, according to a report from Bloomberg Friday.

The company is working with an adviser to divest itself of the stations, according to Bloomberg, quoting anonymous sources, and a final decision on the sale has not been made.

“As a matter of company policy, we do not comment on rumors or speculation,” a Meredith spokesperson said when asked about the Bloomberg report.

Meredith also declined to comment to Bloomberg.

Meredith’s local television stations reach 11 percent of U.S. households, and most are located in “large, fast-growing markets,” according to Meredith’s corporate website. Seven of those stations serve the nation’s top 25 markets in cities like Atlanta, Phoenix, St. Louis and Portland, Ore.

Locally, those stations are KPTV “Fox 12 Oregon” and KPDX 49 “Fox 12 Plus”, that latter of which runs the two hour MyNetwork TV programming service from 12-2 AM.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I love terriers. Pits are awesome.

paulwalker
    Participant

Who will buy Meredith books?

School teachers, scientists, literary geeks, old folks who don’t have internet…

Oh wait…who will buy Meredith corp?

Nevermind.

semoochie
    Participant

I never notice before: That sounds like “Meredith Brooks”!

e_dawg
    Participant

Do you think Fox Television Stations will buy KPTV/KPDX Portland, KVVU Henderson/Las Vegas, WALA Mobile AL/Pensacola FL?

paulwalker
    Participant

You mean Fox owned and operated, I assume. The answer is likely no. It isn’t generally cost effective for a network to own and operate most of their affiliates. One of the main reasons Seattle’s KCPQ was swallowed up by the firm was their affiliation with the NFL’s nfc conference of which the Seahawks are a member.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.