Media General/Meredith Merging

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

This will give them three stations in Portland: KOIN, KPTV and KPDX. One will have to be spun off. I’m guessing they’ll keep the CBS and Fox affiliations and sell KPDX.

Joe
    Participant

And then make a deal with the new owners of KPDX to operate under a LMA.

My prediction is all stations will operate from the KOIN Tower. 4:30am-7am news will continue on KOIN only, 7-9am news will continue on KPTV only. The 12pm news will continue on KOIN. 4-6:30pm news will continue on KOIN only. The 8-10pm news will continue on KPDX, 10-11pm news will be on KPTV, 11pm news will be on KOIN only.

Scott Young
    Participant

Lots of elbow room in the KOIN tower and the lease is only $1 a year.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I wonder if anything will change as far as the translators go? We have KOIN/KPTV/KPDX all out here on the Coast. KPTV was supposed to add Laff TV and Escape. Will that plan change? Still no word if KOIN will be adding any sub channels like Decades either. Too bad they did not buy CW-32 as we would probably get them out here on the coast. Tribune doesn’t believe in translators I was told.

Jbpdx
    Participant

This must be what’s thrown a wrench in Laff, Escape. Hopefully, if KPDX is spun off, whoever buys it will load it up with about 5 subchannels. That’s probably the only way Portland will get the various other networks.

mwdxer1
    Participant

We still do not have Cozi out here on the coast as yet. I have an idea they are letting the dust settle until they tackle that part of it.

Jbpdx
    Participant

The deal with Katz, which owns Laff, Grit, Escape and Bounce, was split with KPTV getting Laff and KPDX getting Escape. If after this merger KPDX is sold off, then that deal may be void. Katz might not want its networks carried by three different owners in the Portland market. Grit is on KUNP 47.3/Sinclair.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.