McRaven: "Please revoke my security clearance as well"

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things McRaven: "Please revoke my security clearance as well"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lastday 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

https://www.thedailybeast.com/admiral-who-oversaw-bin-laden-raid-revoke-my-security-clearance-too

William H. McRaven, the retired Navy admiral who led the SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, published a scathing op-ed Thursday in The Washington Post that criticized President Donald Trump for revoking the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan. McRaven began by calling Brennan “one of the finest public servants I have ever known.” He then told Trump: “I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.” McRaven concluded the op-ed by writing that “If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.” McRaven’s words come only a day after the White House’s announcement that Brennan’s clearance would be revoked. Brennan—one of Trump’s most vocal critics—also fired back on his own, writing that stripping him of his security clearance was a thinly-veiled attempt to “suppress freedom of speech & punish critics.”

Andrew
    Participant

Ouch!

cbaravelli
    Spectator

How does security clearance remocation suppress freedom of speech? Former Super Spook Brennan is doing very well speaking his mind for Comcast.

lastday
    Participant

If the security clearance is revoked, when they inevitably get called to testify in the Mueller probe, can they still speak to classified issues?

At minimum it’s just dear dotard being his revengeful spiteful childish dear dotard self. “If you dare to say bad things about me, I’ll slap you down!”

The next revocation(s) will occur within hours of the Manafort guilty verdict. Look over here!*

*Full credit to whoever pointed that out on NPR On Point today.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.