Mariota almost a shoe in for the Heisman Trophy

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Mariota almost a shoe in for the Heisman Trophy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

The announcement will be in minutes, but Marcus Mariota will likely win the Heisman. The interesting part of this is the media is building it up as a “Hawaii” story, rather than an “Oregon” one.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Mariota bags it as expected. Great person and player. Now on to the playoffs.

paulwalker
    Participant

Historically, I have not been an Oregon fan, but congrats to the U of O for providing their first Heisman Trophy winner. I will certainly be in front of my TV on New Years Day. Can’t say I will root for them, but the way Washington has handled their program in the past decade, I might be persuaded to somewhat root for the Ducks, but only from a regional perspective. Wait. Did I just say that? No hatred from me in this situation.

Jerry, please chime in. 🙂

Brianl
    Participant

Second-largest margin of victory in Heisman history.

Congrats to Marcus Mariota, and the University of Oregon.

What I am happiest about is that, after the last two years where degenerate dirt-clods have won the Heisman, the “integrity” that it is supposed to represent is back in place. I have a couple close friends who are Oregon State fans, and even though they hate the Ducks, they both say that they cannot hate Mariota. He’s just too good of a human being.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I would normally tell a guy like Mariota to stay for a 4th year and gain maturity and intelligence. But in this case, neither is needed.

As a die hard UO fan, I’d love Mariota to come back for his senior season. However, there’s no reason to. He will be the #1 pick in the NFL draft, and, he’s already got his degree!

http://around.uoregon.edu/content/mariota-gets-award-he-came-back-college-degree

I sincerely hope that UO goes on to beat Florida St and faces Alabama in the final. UO could damn well run the table. My only concern is the time between games as UO was in the groove and a 4 week delay can alter circumstances.

Notalent
    Participant

Marcus on Dan Patrick Show today:

I never watch this show as their obvious lack of a clue about how to talk into a mic or properly mic a guest annoys me too much.

Look for him on Letterman tonight.

paulwalker
    Participant

I’m not sure what to make of his off the field demeanor. It comes across as charming, but certainly not overwhelming. Perhaps the media wants to bring something out of him, but it isn’t in his nature.

This Patrick interview was way too quiet for the audience, but you can’t blame him for just being himself.

However, as a Heisman winner and a hopeful top pick, maybe a little more ego is called for. Not much, just a little more. But I will never ask anyone to be someone who they are not. His PR people may have a different idea. We shall see how he performs late night.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Mariota is a refreshing breed of athlete. No ego, soft spoken. We need more of his kind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.