Manafort plea deal: Trump ex-campaign chief to help Mueller inquiry

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Manafort plea deal: Trump ex-campaign chief to help Mueller inquiry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I was a bit surprised Manafort chose to work with the special council as part of his plea deal.

It will interesting to see if Manafort has additional information that has not already been verified by the special council.

Andy Brown
    Participant

He might. He might not. But it’s clear Michael Cohen does.

Lanny Davis, the attorney representing Michael Cohen, suggested on Wednesday that Cohen had knowledge of a conspiracy between President Donald Trump and Russia.
    During an MSNBC interview, he also said Cohen was willing to tell the special counsel Robert Mueller about it.

https://read.bi/2CVgnuE

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Davis said the same thing two weeks ago then later said Carl Bernstein “misunderstood”.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/a-legend-of-watergate-fame-faces-new-questions-about-a-blockbuster-trump-piece/2018/08/28/887ae968-aaf7-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8c1c11386bf2
    Establishment media retracted the story except CNN. Good for them. Davis actually said what he said. Besides, Cohen has been talking to the Special Counsel.
    Michael Flynn is guilty of lying to the FBI and has a co=op deal. What did that get us? 14 indictments of Ruski companies and individuals for espionage and interference in both Presidential campaigns. All but one will never see a U.S. court and the one that did plead not guilty stupidfied the AG. Their indictments are gone now.
    Manafort ran out of money. He’s got nothing to trade.
    Real question is what will be the “October Surprise.” Will Special Counsel indict the President before a blue wave takes the House of Reps.
    Or, will the President release un-redacted FBI FISA warrant requests against Gates and others.
    Stay tuned.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I’m running out.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

8 guilty pleas…those 8 persons working with Mueller’s special council, numerous indictments…

I won’t stick my neck out about a blue wave this November…we live in very strange political times. However, this shows, at least to me, how far reaching the investigation is going. What will be the big blow for the GOP to start distancing themselves from Trump? They may play it cool in the media, but what’s happening in the corridors? Bob Woodward gave us plenty to chew on…

Bottom line, none of this surprises me. I think many of us saw a train wreck coming…it’s here.

edselehr
    Participant

Commentator I heard today said it’s less “a train wreck” and more “a noose tightening”.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Speaking of Burt O’Kavanaugh:
    President has asked the DOJ and NOI to release unredacted FISA Applications and 100 pages of ‘field notes’.
    “In addition, President Donald J. Trump has directed the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to publicly release all text messages relating to the Russia investigation, without redaction, of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr,” the announcement read.”
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/17/trump-declassification-fisa-documents-comey-texts-826304
    Let the Games begin!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.