Manafort Convicted on 8 counts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Mr. Manafort was convicted of five counts of tax fraud, two counts of bank fraud and one count of failure to disclose a foreign bank account. The jury was unable to reach a verdict on 10 of the 18 counts and the judge declared a mistrial on those charges.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/us/politics/paul-manafort-trial-verdict.html

lastday
    Participant

Wait for the inevitable ALL CAPS tweetstorm

SO-CALLED JURY! SO-CALLED JUDGE! FAKE LAWYERS! RIGGED WITCH HUNT! COLLUSION EVERYWHERE EXCEPT HERE!!! I’VE DONE NOTHING WRONG!! SAD!!!

Dotard’s base: Preach it!

lastday
    Participant

Considering the number of charges and the complexity of the case, 8 guilty counts is kind of impressive.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Maddow had a very good ratings night. #3 with near four million viewers. WWE Smackdown still #1 with near 2.5M.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

So now with Manafort coming to trial for a second time, it looked like he was willing to work a deal with Mueller, but negotiations broke down. All the while, it seems President Trump is set to pardon Manafort after praising him for standing strong.

Trump certainly has fickle alliances.

missing_kskd
    Participant

He does.

My take on those dynamics boils down to the majority of elites do not accept Trump as one of their own. He’s not good for anyone, but himself and he even has trouble with that!

On top of all that, he’s a major league opportunist. Nobody is secure, and that makes all of this a complete pain in the ass, largely because there are skeletons out there. More than we want to know. More than they want to be there.

Trump really is boundary challenged and I get the sense he would basically drop shit, or make sure it’s dropped, easy.

I think it’s gonna take an election to be rid of the guy personally. Happy to be wrong about that, though “Hello President Pence” is no salve. Better? Worse? It’s all ugly.

The game right now is to just pile on, attempt to limit his ability to do things and hope it all plays out election day. Mid-terms may put other things on the table, but if Pelosi is leader again, she’s going to take it off the table again too.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

“Maddow had a very good ratings night. #3 with near four million viewers. WWE Smackdown still #1 with near 2.5M.”

On a non-Trump news night one week later, Maddow is #12 with 3,280M two quarter hours peak viewers and Hannity is #22 with 3,283M. WWE Smackdown is still #1, 2 and 4 with a three hour show and 3,076M during their two quarter hour peaks.
    Perhaps the only way establishment media can spike ratings is to …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.