Make your prediction for nominations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I’ll go with Rubio vs. Clinton.

Who do you think will be the party winners? And will Trump go independent, if he falls?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Sanders vs Cruz.

The close outcome in Iowa favors Clinton, because she gets to say she won. But, it also validates Sanders underdog campaign as he made a very respectable showing, apparently able to get more of the young voters out than most of us suspect.

Could all go the way it did with Obama.

Cruz seems the most likely to get it. But the GOP is still a complete mess too.

Trump got hurt in Iowa. He needed the win to validate his crazy campaign. Didn’t get it.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am surprised to see somebody post an off-topic comment that belongs on the radio side here.

If david44 were able to find enough people to contribute enough money to lease sub-channels from Cocola Broadcasting, he could have the stations that he listed aired terrestrially in markets served by Cocola. Cocola doesn’t just give away airtime because somebody circulates a petition.

semoochie
    Participant

It was deemed unconstitutional for the FCC to be involved in programing.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Regarding the topic: Sanders (D), Trump (R); if someone other than Trump wins the Republican nomination, Trump is probably the only one both narcissistic and rich enough to run a nonpartisan campaign. However please remember that the Master of Disaster is a Master of Disaster after all.

Regarding the mispost: “Now, you’re not naive enough to think we’re living in a democracy, are you?” 🙂

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump vs Clinton, but already said that.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am handicapped in this topic in that I am a non-affiliated voter, so I do not think the way that members of either of the parties holding primaries do. I will go by the numbers and say that it will be Clinton vs. Cruz.

radiodork
    Spectator

Trump vs Bernie.
    Put a fork in Clinton, she’s a liar and nobody trusts her. A record number of millennials will turn out, which will help Bernie

Brianl
    Participant

I think it’ll be Hillary and Rubio. Sanders will make it interesting, but won’t carry many of the more moderate states (Iowa is extremely conservative on the GOP side, and way to the left on the Democratic side).

Remember, the winners of Iowa in 2008 and 2012 were Huckabee and Santorum.

skeptical
    Participant

On the intelligent . . . I mean Democrat side, the math simply doesn’t work for Sanders, so it’ll be Clinton.

For the stupid party, where math is fuzzy, I’ll go with the money . . . I mean Bush.

paulwalker
    Participant

Really, Skep? He is so far behind, and IMO lacking in charisma I doubt he will get there.

An interesting dynamic going tonight. The Donald has been scheduled to speak for atleast a couple of hours now in Little Rock. (Why he is in Little Rock is beyond me.)

But CNN is less than an hour away from a town hall with Clinton and Sanders. I honestly believe Trump is trying to delay his speech so that he will compete with this. Almost the opposite of when he backed out of the Fox debate and CNN covered his Veterans fundraiser. This is getting very odd, but not surprising.

edselehr
    Participant

I’m going to wait until after NH to make a call.

My prediction will be Clinton v. somebody, just not sure who the R will be yet. Need to see how the top three from Iowa respond to the results of the NH primary. I do predict that NH will be a win for Sanders and Trump, but I’m curious how Ted and Marco handle the loss.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I really like Bernie. I just don’t beleive he’s viable when it comes to the electoral math. I also have a concern about his age. When it comes down to it, Hillary stands a better chance in important swing states such as CO, NV, NM, IA, OH, and FL.

skeptical
    Participant

Paul, nothing has been going right for the GOP establishment with their huge bag full of money and dirty tricks — they’re long overdue for a break. Bush is like Romney in some regard — bland and safe.

I would not bet the farm on this, though! 🙂

Vitalogy
    Participant

I would take your bet in a heartbeat. Jebya is toast. He’s got a shitty last name, he’s super dull, and completely uninspiring. Watching him speak on TV he comes off as a giant pussy. He can spend all the money he wants, but his campaign is over after NH.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.