Main Studio Rule…gone…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 20 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Broadway
    Participant

Andy Brown
    Participant

Pathetic. Totally against it. This is like giving tax breaks to the wealthy. All this does is cut mega-group costs and eliminate even more broadcast jobs. These groups stopped serving the local community years ago and Chairman Pai’s statement “broadcasters have shown that the main studio rule is a continuous cost that keeps them from serving their local communities in meaningful ways, like broadcasting additional local programming” is total bullshit.

Broadway
    Participant

>>Totally against it
    Agreed…cut my teeth in radio in the 70’s and it was all about localism…programming…sales…PR…all for your city alone…in the 80’s Reagan said yes to widening the translator rule and all that began to change radio’s focus…sadly.

Scott Young
    Participant

A friend of mine posed the question on Facebook whether this would cost local jobs or not. I replied that it probably wouldn’t be worth doing if it didn’t cost jobs.

Andy Brown
    Participant

The current Chairman of the FCC is going to further damage the recovery hopes of radio and instead push it further into irrelevance. Apparently the colossal failure of Chump Channel has gone unnoticed by those that can fix the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.