LP stations, are the TX in Portland?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio LP stations, are the TX in Portland?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Locast seems to carry a couple of the LP stations. They seem to have KWVT, but not the Retro channel. Are KSLM, KWVT, KOXI, and KJWY have their tx sites around Portland? I think one of the LPs has Buzzr, and yet Locast does not carry it. They also do not carry Stadium, yet they have Charge.
    Is there some reason KGWZ runs the same channels as KGW? I am wondering if their tx site of the LP covers an area that the KGW cannot get to. Thanks.

semoochie
    Participant

I believe they’re all on the main TV towers, mostly Sylvan and Skyline or whatever their digital replacements are called.

boisebill
    Participant

Little ol’ KJJY-LD’s over by 1330 & 1640.

semoochie
    Participant

I beg your pardon. I forgot about channel 26 but aren’t they moving to the west hills?

mwdxer1
    Participant

Since I have Locast, I may ask them to see if they could add Retro.

washnotore
    Participant

SagamoreHill Broadcasting of Portland. Recently bought LPTV station KJYY-LD from Horizon Media of McMinnville. Sagamore already owns KJWY-LD in Salem.

KJYY-LD has FCC app filed to move Ch. 26 to Ch. 29 on Mount Scott. KJYY needs to move over to Skyline. To have a better signal over Portland.

yahmit
    Participant

SagamoreHill has been working to get KJWY-LD in Salem on the air. I recently spoke with the engineer and they need to make some last minute adjustments. It sounded like they would have 6 diginets.

chessyduck
    Participant

Southeast of Bald Peak State Park are listed two signals. K18EL-D (KPDX) and an OPB repeater. At one time there was a listing for a channel 4 analog licensed to Reedville but has since been deleted.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I believe that the channel 4 station was K04OG, which later became KENY-LP. It carried programming from the America-1 network, which mainly consisted of old films.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.